Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crazy Landlady

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The "damp" thing rings a bell as well.

I used to live with a bloke (who owned the flat) whose flat was damp.

Basically an ex-council authority place which hadn't been well maintained.

He refused to be told that the "damp" wasn't being caused by the windows being closed. His logic being that the condensation on the windows seemed to go away when they were open.

So there we sat week in week out, with no heating and open windows.

( The heating was somehow responsible for the damp as well )

He had a point, to an extent - non-ventilated homes with damp problems just end up with escalated damp problems, generally mould and rot. But leaving *all* the windows open and no heating on definitely wasn't helping...

Based on a few mates experience, nearly anyone who takes tenants in to the house/flat they live in themselves is either nuts or gradually turns nuts. One lived with two religious nutters for a year that used to wake him up on Sunday and tell him to go to mass.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shower sitting down as there is no shower curtain and any water that hits the wall will cause damp
Don't dry clothes in the house as this will cause damp
Don't cook in a saucepan without a lid as it causes damp
Don't wear your shoes in the house as it damages the fabric of the house
Don't run up the stairs as it damages the fabric of the house
Don't slam doors as it damages the fabris of the house
Don't use the oven more than twice a week
Don't make any noise between 11 and 8 as these are her sleeping hours
Don't use more than 2 sheets of toilet roll per wipe
Have to have your window open at night otherwise it will cause damp
She decides when the heating goes on and off
Should use a laundrette
She can go into my room anytime she likes to pull the blind up or open the window

No, not a prisoner of war camp, just the house I am living in. None of this was mentioned before I moved in and neither was the extra £20 a month for bills. Luckily I am moving out in 2 weeks.

Now the thing is I snapped today and had a go back after she called my habits strange. You know that one where you do washing during the day and when it's dry bring it back in. She went mental and said that I was immature, childish and the universe doesn't revolve around me. Now is it me or does she seem like a bit of an arse? She had me doubting myself.

When I first reads this, I thought the first paragraph was the lyrics to a song we had to guess? :lol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hello. I still live there and have no forseeable means of getting out. She told me last night that I should respect her because SHE IS MY LANDLADY! Told me that we were guests in her house. I said I wasn't aguest, I paid to live there.

Stupid f***ed up, smelly old f***ing hippy. She needs to stop getting bashed all day and come back to the real world. A lot has happened in 40 years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shower sitting down as there is no shower curtain and any water that hits the wall will cause damp
Don't dry clothes in the house as this will cause damp
Don't cook in a saucepan without a lid as it causes damp
Don't wear your shoes in the house as it damages the fabric of the house
Don't run up the stairs as it damages the fabric of the house
Don't slam doors as it damages the fabris of the house
Don't use the oven more than twice a week
Don't make any noise between 11 and 8 as these are her sleeping hours
Don't use more than 2 sheets of toilet roll per wipe
Have to have your window open at night otherwise it will cause damp
She decides when the heating goes on and off
Should use a laundrette
She can go into my room anytime she likes to pull the blind up or open the window

No, not a prisoner of war camp, just the house I am living in. None of this was mentioned before I moved in and neither was the extra £20 a month for bills. Luckily I am moving out in 2 weeks.

Now the thing is I snapped today and had a go back after she called my habits strange. You know that one where you do washing during the day and when it's dry bring it back in. She went mental and said that I was immature, childish and the universe doesn't revolve around me. Now is it me or does she seem like a bit of an arse? She had me doubting myself.

Did she mention the rule about you must leave all the taps running full blast when you move out? ;)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The crazy bint apologised. Well by apologised I mean wrote me a letter saying sorry and then listed why I was in the wrong. Oh well, better than nought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here