Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley's "steadily growing" support.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
as the crow fly's i always thought Brighton to Crawley 23.5 miles
Crawley to Croydon 18.5 miles

Yes the grounds locations are not dead centre,Crawley's in the south of the town and Falmer now further North,as for Selhurst it's further North of Croydon but you get me drift.

Not really but take Pease Pottage as your start point.It is on the A23 so you would have to go there to travel to scumhurst or Falmer.the AA routeplanner clearly shows Falmer is nearly 7 miles closer that scumhurst.

But WTF?what difference in the world of your average footie fan does 7 miles make.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not really but take Pease Pottage as your start point.It is on the A23 so you would have to go there to travel to scumhurst or Falmer.the AA routeplanner clearly shows Falmer is nearly 7 miles closer that scumhurst.

But WTF?what difference in the world of your average footie fan does 7 miles make.

true-miles mean nothing to the hardcore

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Crawley are not going to go bust any time soon, have enough money (cash) in that club for a long time and have just earned a £400k bonus from selling Thomas to B/mouth who they got on a free in August. Not bad business, they hardly spent a penny on player in the summer as most came on frees so still have the majority of the £2m in the bank from the Cup Run last season, if they can turn down a £500k bid from Charlton on deadline day for Matt Tubbs, then to me thats sends a clear message to all, that they are financially sound. I dont think they are particularly bothered by the crowd at the moment, if they can average 3K for the season they will be happy with that. I personnally think it will be closer to 2500 come the season end. Success will bring in the numbers as shown last year and I expect them to be challenging the top 2 spots again over the next few weeks when the key players such as Mcfazden, Torres, Howell and Neison return.

But why oh why do we have a weekly thread on here about Little old Crawley? If people hate them as much as they say, why do they bother to comment or start threads? makes no sense to me.

Are we getting a bit obsessed by Crawley, the amount of threads mocking them on here is getting silly.
They are not even rivals, there hasn't been a meaningful game against them for years, and yet we keep on crowing how we are far more superior than they are.
Yes we are far superior than them
, so forget about them, let them get on with going bankrupt.......or not, leave them to there business, whilst we go about ours and worrying about our proper rivals or at least a team in the same league as us, rather a team up the road in league two !

Y'know I had not noticed any posts telling of how we are superior to them - in fact I'd worry more about the person posting that, if I did, as there's no reason to feel any insecurity or rivalry between our clubs.
However! - your post seems to be the biggest excuse to "crow on" and belittle them, that I've seen!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Y'know I had not noticed any posts telling of how we are superior to them - in fact I'd worry more about the person posting that, if I did, as there's no reason to feel any insecurity or rivalry between our clubs.
However! - your post seems to be the biggest excuse to "crow on" and belittle them, that I've seen!
Look back through my previous posts chap, I am one of the few on here that stick up for Crawley. My uncle was Bruce Winfields best friend, so I know a little bit about the club.
If my post came across as a effort at belittling them, then that was intentional.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Look back through my previous posts chap, I am one of the few on here that stick up for Crawley. My uncle was Bruce Winfields best friend, so I know a little bit about the club.
If my post came across as a effort at belittling them, then that was intentional.

That's cleared that up then!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But why oh why do we have a weekly thread on here about Little old Crawley? If people hate them as much as they say, why do they bother to comment or start threads? makes no sense to me.
This. Very tiresome, IMO.

Who cares if they get small crowds anyway? They're a lot bigger than the gates at all those noddy clubs in the north west like Morecambe, Macclesfield and Accrington who seem to average about 1,600 each.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Who cares if they get small crowds anyway? They're a lot bigger than the gates at all those noddy clubs in the north west like Morecambe, Macclesfield and Accrington who seem to average about 1,600 each.

..and who cut their cloth accordingly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

In fairness though, those clubs have all got Premiership BEHOMOTHS on their doorsteps.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In fairness though, those clubs have all got Premiership BEHOMOTHS on their doorsteps.
Not really.
Morecambe is about 60 miles north of Liverpool and Manchester. Only Accrington are close to a Prem club - they are half way between Burnley and Blackburn (about 7 miles from each)

And Macclesfield is 20 miles away from Manchester. Just because everyone in these Cheshire towns support Manchester City, we shouldn't just swallow this northern bullshit about all City fans coming from Manchester or all small clubs having big ones on their doorstep.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

and in fairness Crawley have only just become a league side, so need time to build a base of fans? Name one Non League Side apart from the ex league team suchs as Mansfield, Luton and Wrexham that had gates of 3k plus as Crawley did going into the Football league. Its not going to happen over night as some on here expect it too.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not really.
Morecambe is about 60 miles north of Liverpool and Manchester. Only Accrington are close to a Prem club - they are half way between Burnley and Blackburn (about 7 miles from each)

And Macclesfield is 20 miles away from Manchester. Just because everyone in these Cheshire towns support Manchester City, we shouldn't just swallow this northern bullshit about all City fans coming from Manchester or all small clubs having big ones on their doorstep.

THIS.

As you know Im not fond of Noddy teams and love it when you can shoot down the argument about big clubs on the doorstep.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hartlepool kind of have an excuse with Boro appx 7 miles away and The Mackems 17. Newcastle is 25.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Crawley, because of its reputation that it unfairly has (IMHO) will only get fans from within Crawley that dont currently watch or support a team, I understand that they are going to start heaverly targeting local schools with coaching sessions and free tickets for children which is a good thing, but maybe something they should have done at the end of last season when they were very much in the public eye.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No you're right, Crawley have an impeccable financial history. One which they have clearly learnt from.
I didn't say that. You used the argument that these northern clubs have cut their cloth accordingly. In Stanley's case, that clearly isn't true historically. How is what Crawley are doing any worse than at least half the clubs in the Premiership? Or for that matter, the Albion, where we'd be playing at a running track if it wasn't for the fact we are being bankrolled by a rich benefactor (an interest free loan with no real obligation to pay it back IS being bankrolled to an extent, IMO).

Still, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one beardy, and I for one look forward to your next exciting installment of how Crawley's support is inching closer to 2,000. I'm surprised that a chap with mid Sussex history can be so ANTI Crawley to be honest. :lolol:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I didn't say that. You used the argument that these northern clubs have cut their cloth accordingly. In Stanley's case, that clearly isn't true historically. How is what Crawley are doing any worse than at least half the clubs in the Premiership? Or for that matter, the Albion, where we'd be playing at a running track if it wasn't for the fact we are being bankrolled by a rich benefactor (an interest free loan with no real obligation to pay it back IS being bankrolled to an extent, IMO).

Still, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one beardy, and I for one look forward to your next exciting installment of how Crawley's support is inching closer to 2,000. I'm surprised that a chap with mid Sussex history can be so ANTI Crawley to be honest. :lolol:

You know me Sim, I'm anti-everybody.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here