Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley's "steadily growing" support.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Another good win for them yesterday.
Doing well, it going to be great when they are in the same division as us.
Two Sussex teams on a level footing.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Are we getting a bit obsessed by Crawley, the amount of threads mocking them on here is getting silly.
They are not even rivals, there hasn't been a meaningful game against them for years, and yet we keep on crowing how we are far more superior than they are.
Yes we are far superior than them, so forget about them, let them get on with going bankrupt.......or not, leave them to there business, whilst we go about ours and worrying about our proper rivals or at least a team in the same league as us, rather a team up the road in league two !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Crawley is 5 miles closer to Palace than Brighton-it could be them that suffers first if they take off-we will still hold 20,000 all day long when doing well,just from the South coast strip alone.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Crawley is 5 miles closer to Palace than Brighton-it could be them that suffers first if they take off-we will still hold 20,000 all day long when doing well,just from the South coast strip alone.
I think they are already suffering because of us, it can't be a coincidence that we've gone from 8000 - 20000 crowds, while they've gone from 3/4000 crowds down to 2500

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think they are already suffering because of us, it can't be a coincidence that we've gone from 8000 - 20000 crowds, while they've gone from 3/4000 crowds down to 2500

you have a fair point there

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Conference att last season : 2,491

League 2 att this season : 2,914

Don't let facts get in your way .......

Conference att last season after Man U FA Cup Draw - 3305

League 2 att this season (with more away fans) - 2914

Crowds are falling back to pre Man U game levels....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sorry,drove to Ikea Croydon yesterday and checked the mileage versus a day out at Ikea Scumhampton, put Pease Pottage into the AA route planner and the difference is clear to see.

Crawley is not cursed by being nearer to scumhurst than it is to Falmer.

as the crow fly's i always thought Brighton to Crawley 23.5 miles
Crawley to Croydon 18.5 miles

Yes the grounds locations are not dead centre,Crawley's in the south of the town and Falmer now further North,as for Selhurst it's further North of Croydon but you get me drift.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Sounds familiar doesn't it? "Brighton can't even fill an 8,500 seater stadium why do they need a 22,500 seater stadium"

Yes, because I'm sure once the extra seats are in place the transformation will be just like Withdean to Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here