Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Funnily enough I was listening to a documentary about the Mauritians and you’re dead right, they’ve been stitched up completely.
And crucially, they are NOT 'Mauritians'. They are all from Diego Garcia aren't they? In which case they are all British passport holders.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The only other place that gets nearly as much stick as Crawley, on here, is Newhaven.
I reckon because Newhaven is near enough connected to Brighton. It's Sussex by the Sea. It get's a bit of a mickey take like Whitehawk might because of some truly awful council estates. But they are basically us.

Crawley is only just Sussex. There's a strong suspicion that it's a town that wants Palace to beat us, in the same way that Chichester veers a bit to Pompey. And let's face it, the whole of mid Sussex is just a bit weird

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
And crucially, they are NOT 'Mauritians'. They are all from Diego Garcia aren't they? In which case they are all British passport holders.
It's a desperately sad tale. The Chagos Islanders were forcibly removed from Diego Garcia, to other islands, Mauritius and the Seychelles.

For the latest update read this Guardian article from May. This has happened, in Britain, in 2024.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
And let's face it, the whole of mid Sussex is just a bit weird

Alison Brie What GIF

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Blimey, it's become gentrified! I grew up in Lancing (1966 to 1990) and whilst it didn't happen every week there were often fights in/outside the pubs: Farmers, Merry Monk, Britannia, Crabtree and Balltree (Sompting) being the main offenders. Usually not big ones, often just a couple of blokes having a straightener, but it happened enough for me growing up to think that fighting in pubs was quite normal.

It's only when I moved to Brighton that I realised it wasn't!
Sompting? Didn’t George Harrison write a song about that place?

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I reckon because Newhaven is near enough connected to Brighton. It's Sussex by the Sea. It get's a bit of a mickey take like Whitehawk might because of some truly awful council estates. But they are basically us.

Crawley is only just Sussex. There's a strong suspicion that it's a town that wants Palace to beat us, in the same way that Chichester veers a bit to Pompey. And let's face it, the whole of mid Sussex is just a bit weird
Always regarded the Pompey/Brighton border as the Arun. Anything West and traditionally your Pompey. Not sure where the Brighton/Palace border is (Gatwick?).

Lancing has its nice areas.

Lancing College, lancing Ring, the beach between beach green and Shoreham.

North lancing, the church and chocolate box cottages are lovely.

It’s the village centre that looks like someone air-dropped a shipping container full of mutants.

But it’s easy to get dental and GP appointments. Library is always dead quiet. And rail station is well kept.
So Lancing College is great and all the working class bits of Sussex are shitholes. I don't know what the banter is meant to be here but it all looks a bit Hyacinth Bouquet to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here