Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Newhaven is by the far worst place I've ever lived. Nothing comes close to that shithole. Taking long walks to the lighthouse and talking to fisherman was my escape from that place. If I remember correctly the chippy was decent near the police station
South Road. Only place in town we could get Tizer back in the seventies.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Never been back since an FA Cup game against Barnet the day Barry Lloyd was sacked. The racism towards some of Barney's team was loud and constant from a significant section of the home end. I'm sure it's not like that any more, but I have never felt the desire to return.
As a teen I went to quite a lot of Crawley games, as well as Brighton. I heard racist language on the North Stand far more than at Town Mead. This was Barry Lloyd era.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think some of you need to have a cup of tea a calm down.

This young lady didn’t make the tackle; she isn’t responsible for the injury and she has obviously realised that she has made a mistake and deleted her tweet.

The victimisation of her is very strange. Is it because she is a woman that people are upset about. I’m sure there may have been plenty of tweets that upset people, from males, that haven’t been highlighted.

As I said, she has deleted the tweet. Do people really think she should lose her job because of one comment? If you are honest you hear (and dare I say, have said yourself) stuff that offends opposition fans every week.
I don’t think the issue has anything to do with her gender, but rather her apparent association with Crawley Town at the point that she tweeted.
As an employee ( if she is, of course), she has an obligation to her employer not to bring them into disrepute via her conduct.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Crawley is the kind of urban sprawl that can be upgraded by carpet bombing. Having lived there twice I would take Hastings and Newhaven over Crawley any day.

What a lot of people don't get is how seriously violent the place is, on that measure I would prefer Whitehawk.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Newhaven is by the far worst place I've ever lived. Nothing comes close to that shithole. Taking long walks to the lighthouse and talking to fisherman was my escape from that place. If I remember correctly the chippy was decent near the police station
Clearly never lived in Croydon then.

Or Reading for that matter.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As a teen I went to quite a lot of Crawley games, as well as Brighton. I heard racist language on the North Stand far more than at Town Mead. This was Barry Lloyd era.
Brighton certainly wasn't free from it. There was even a banana thrown in the last game at the Goldstone after the double sending off, but this wasn't racist language from individuals, this was chanting and monkey noises from a significant part of the stand. I remember, even then being shocked, as I had naively thought it a thing of the past.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well, according to Zoopla...

Why Crawley is a good place to live​

"Nestled between the city vibrancy of London and seafront tranquillity of Brighton, Crawley offers the best of both worlds. Residents appreciate the town's lush green spaces, with pockets of nature such as Tilgate Park providing peaceful retreats. As the 4th best place to live in the UK according to a recent study, Crawley doesn't disappoint with its quality of life. Its location near Gatwick Airport is advantageous, not just for holiday-makers, but also for those moving to Crawley looking for good transportation links. High scores in job availability also make living in Crawley appealing, indicative of a strong, stable local economy."

.....it's the 4th best place to live in the UK

:ROFLMAO:

A shithole is in fact a great place to live because youre quite near to a lot of pretty decent places where other people live!

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Went right downhill after they closed the Bridge Pub and Cloud Nine!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I don’t think the issue has anything to do with her gender, but rather her apparent association with Crawley Town at the point that she tweeted.
As an employee ( if she is, of course), she has an obligation to her employer not to bring them into disrepute via her conduct.
She is (or was in 2022) a member of the Crawley equivalent of the fans advisory board.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely Easy, let’s get our priorities right, little things like possible season ending assaults on our players can do one just as long as we spell their names correctly, Eh ?
In amongst the maelstrom, its just something else that gets on my tits.

Guessing you're a big fan of Houghton, and Adringa.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Went right downhill after they closed the Bridge Pub and Cloud Nine!
The other week we were driving near Newhaven and I said ‘we’ve never been there, fancy a look?’. So we followed the ‘town centre’ signs, parked in the multi-storey and walked round the town and back in the car in about 4 minutes. Not sure whether I just missed a large part of it, but it felt like it had been forgotten whilst everyone went to the industrial estate.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Crawley is the kind of urban sprawl that can be upgraded by carpet bombing. Having lived there twice I would take Hastings and Newhaven over Crawley any day.

What a lot of people don't get is how seriously violent the place is, on that measure I would prefer Whitehawk.
Got punched outside Hoppers on Tilegate Parade in the early 90s. Bewbush always seemed rough though never had a reason to go there

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nor a travel vlogger.

However, somewhat freakily, the following video appeared in my "For You" feed on YouTube last night.

I have cousins who live just outside of Crawley, and they only venture in for supplies.
Would you prefer more florid prose?
Well as you’ve asked, no ta, @Bozza precis is quite sufficient description of the wart that is on West Sussex's ass.
Unless you can add ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here