Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
Bloody hell there are some pretentious tossers on this thread ! Yeah Broadfield's a bit shit, but dont tarnish the whole of Crawley with the same brush. I live in Crawley, in Furnace Green, I live on the edge of Tilgate Forest, in a conservation area and it's beautiful, the complete opposite from how most of you have described Crawley.
My point is all towns throughout the country have their shit areas.
Crawley also have some of the best leisure facilities in the region.
One thing I will say about Broadfield is, it is probably one of the most community spirited area in the town.

I live in Furnace Green too.

I know where you live,do you go to the shrublands club?
Or drink down the charcoal Burner?
Furnace Green has it's crappy estate as well.
All those pre fab flats and rows of rows of grey houses with hardly any windows.It ain't pretty.

My mums side of the family are all from Brighton and my granddad move to Crawley in about 1961.
They lived in Moulscombe,no f***ing wonder they moved to Crawley!!
I actually still visit my great uncle who lives in Brighton,he took me to a chip shop restaurant called "Bankers"a few weeks back,bloody good that was.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Bloody hell there are some pretentious tossers on this thread ! Yeah Broadfield's a bit shit, but dont tarnish the whole of Crawley with the same brush. I live in Crawley, in Furnace Green, I live on the edge of Tilgate Forest, in a conservation area and it's beautiful, the complete opposite from how most of you have described Crawley.
My point is all towns throughout the country have their shit areas.
Crawley also have some of the best leisure facilities in the region.
One thing I will say about Broadfield is, it is probably one of the most community spirited area in the town.

Fair point, as for community spirit, its true but i wouldn't want to live there though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I dislike Crawley, hate Newhaven even more, couldn't wait to get out of Kemp town in Brighton.

I'm currently stuck in Crawley where i have been for the past 12 years.

I also reckon Langley Green has the most community spirit in Crawley for obvious reasons. Broadfield isn't a a bad shout though

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I dislike Crawley, hate Newhaven even more, couldn't wait to get out of Kemp town in Brighton.

I'm currently stuck in Crawley where i have been for the past 12 years.

I also reckon Langley Green has the most community spirit in Crawley for obvious reasons. Broadfield isn't a a bad shout though

How can you "currently be stuck in Creepy for 12 years"??? Have you been superglued?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Oh behave you drama queen,Crawley is no rougher then Brighton, although that isn't saying much.

What are the top 5 roughest places in Sussex?

Brighton
Crawley
Hastings

Thats about it in it.
Even these towns don't come close when compared to other places in the uk.

Oh dear, don't think there can be much hope for me. I was born in Crawley, lived in Broadfield for all of my childhood and most of my family live in Lancing. I must be rough!

I agree with the sentiments of some on here that there are some nice parts to Crawley, you just have to look quite hard. My parents live in Ifield Village and that's really nice, but you don't have to venture too far to find some rougher areas.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh behave you drama queen,Crawley is no rougher then Brighton, although that isn't saying much.

Quite, have you seen the state of Brighton beach of an afternoon/evening, and then even worse the following morning? Plenty of feckless riff raff everywhere you go these days sadly.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
I live in Three Bridges and have done for six years, moved up from Brighton for family reasons.

A lot of pretentious comments it has to be said.

Tilgate park, K2, the restaurants and cinema/IMAX facilities are the strengths of this place.

To walk through Broadfield was potentially life limiting sure but don't assume all of Crawley is the same.

Every place has its holes and Brighton is no different, it's just not as noticeable in an area that isn't as diverse as Brighton.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Broadfield isn't that bad, As a Horsham boy I have a requirement to dislike Crawley however for people to say Broadfield is dangerous are way off the mark, its a bit shit and theres a few chavy kids in shit cars with big stereos but really its no worse than areas of many towns in Sussex and not a patch on areas of Brighton.

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
I thought this was going to be about their beating Millwall 2-0 today. I would have thought Crawley would have been like a ghost town during the game anyway, what with their high attendances and interest in their local football team.
I watched The Albion in a home pre season match v Watford at the Goldstone,1990ish.
The crowd was about 1500.

Can you enlighten me to your point,and I will then expand on my reply here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here