Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley withdraw from Sussex Senior Cup

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
You lot still crying over the Williams clumsy attempt to win the ball .I bet Matt O'riley has accepted what happened and has now moved on to the recovery stage after surgery and focussing on getting fit to play again .
You really all need to stop this obsession with Crawley Town we aren't interested in a rivalry with you .
And yet you are the only person on this thread who has actually taken the effort to log on to another club's forum to tell them that you aren't interested in them. Nope. No sirree. Not interested in Albion at all. Absolutely not. Not at all.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Unbelievable

"After considering the risks and rewards of entering the competition, we ultimately decided it was not in the club’s best interests, owing to the potential risk of injury to our players, which could affect our rigorous League One campaign, which is understandably our priority."

That has to be considered a little ironic

I'm not sure whether I'm more annoyed by the horrible sentence construction (did @Red Side Of Sussex write that?) or the sheer f***ing gall

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
You lot still crying over the Williams clumsy attempt to win the ball .I bet Matt O'riley has accepted what happened and has now moved on to the recovery stage after surgery and focussing on getting fit to play again .
You really all need to stop this obsession with Crawley Town we aren't interested in a rivalry with you .
You still obsessed with this site?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It would be a pretty pointless rivalry.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Unbelievable

"After considering the risks and rewards of entering the competition, we ultimately decided it was not in the club’s best interests, owing to the potential risk of injury to our players, which could affect our rigorous League One campaign, which is understandably our priority."

That has to be considered a little ironic
Crawley 0 - 3 Barnsley.

With the smallest fan base in League One, wouldn't it have been a wiser choice to withdraw from League One, and make the Sussex Senior Cup the club's priority?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Rivalry :laugh:

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Still, keeps our players a wee bit safer. At least we won’t have to worry about Winker Williams crocking more of our players with ‘honest‘ attempts to get the ball.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
To be fair, I kind of agree with them.

I go back to the challenge their captain made. Totally unacceptable and should have been a yellow card at least in my opinion. But, while they were physical and they did everything they could to foul us, with the exception of that challenge and the red card, I've seen a lot worse. It's football.
You're brave, I tried that sort of line on the Crawley match threat, did not go down well!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I suppose it is technically possible that we could be in the same league as them next season. Then maybe some sort of rivalry could be fashioned. I would not bet much on that happening though.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I suppose it is technically possible that we could be in the same league as them next season. Then maybe some sort of rivalry could be fashioned. I would not bet much on that happening though.
I just had a look at the League 1 table and the only club/town I'm less interested in is Stevenage. To put that in context, I'm not sure where Stevenage actually is. I could check, but I literally can't be bothered to open the map app and search for it. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here