Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** Crawley v Portsmouth - League 1 Official Thread *****

Have to admit, this is the League 1 fixture I have been waiting for all season.

Crawley (5th) taking on bust Pompey (22nd) in Sussex. Who would of thought that Portsmouth would be playing a league fixture in Crawley, a few years ago?

Kyle McFadzean, Hope Akpan, Gary Alexander and Nicky Ajose are set to return to Crawley's starting line-up after being rested in midweek.
Centre-back Claude Davis (hip) and midfielder Sergio Torres (leg) are major doubts.
Portsmouth will be missing Paul Connolly, Mustapha Dumbuya, Conor Clifford and Jordan Obita on Sunday.
Midfielder Lee Williamson could return from a hamstring injury while new signing Gabor Gyepes could also play.
VIEWS FROM THE TRAINING GROUND

Crawley Town boss Ritchie Barker told BBC Sussex:
"Four years ago there were four divisions between us and now we are 15 places above them in the league, which is great.
"There will be a lot of players playing for their futures in terms of [winning] short-term contracts. There may even be a couple of players who don't know whether they're going to be there next week.
"With the game being live on TV, one or two of them may see it as a chance to get into the shop window. They've signed some good players recently."
Portsmouth manager Michael Appleton told BBC Radio Solent:
"We will try and prepare as best we can in the circumstances.
"We've trained really well this week and have done a lot of work on what we can expect from Crawley and what we can do to hurt them.
"That's all you can do. Turn up to training and work hard and hope we get a bit of luck on Saturday and people perform on the day.
"Crawley have come through the leagues, have had a injection of capital in the club to improve areas of the football club from the infrastructure and the players. They are now reaping the benefits of that.
"Our first victory is not too far away and not too far down the line we will give somebody a bit of a spanking. Hopefully this weekend."

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Portsmouth need to parade their FA Cup on the pitch before kick off - it's what football would want.

There'll only be one winner of this fixture and it ain't gonna be FA Cup winning Pompey.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Why can't people stop posting Crawley Town garbage on this site. They have their own forum. Go on there to post.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why can't people stop posting Crawley Town garbage on this site. They have their own forum. Go on there to post.

This. Yep I'm curious to see how it goes. Funny to think of Pompey playing Crawley in the league BUT an official match thread on NSC. Ridiculous.

Ur_havin_a_Laugh

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽&
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I bet the Crawley based Brighton fans are being converted now they are climbing the football league ladder.
Like all those man u fans did down here.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I bet the Crawley based Brighton fans are being converted now they are climbing the football league ladder.
Like all those man u fans did down here.
Rubbish, Crawley born and bread, but only one team for me and that will never change, but living in a town where the football club is doing so well is good and I'm pleased for them. I hope they Tonk Pompey today.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Stevie Foster your bizarre obsession with Crawley is pissing me off.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
You opened the thread ? Was the title and OP not clear enough ?

So I'm not allowed to comment am I?

Oh, you're from Crawley, that explains it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This. Yep I'm curious to see how it goes. Funny to think of Pompey playing Crawley in the league BUT an official match thread on NSC. Ridiculous.

This

That

The other

Don't really care :(

Waiting all (four games of the) season? Wow!

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
It's probably more aimed at laughing at Pompey.

Very much this for me. I think it is comical & a brilliant side show, watching our two nearest rivals (geographically) playing each other in a lower league than us. To see the MIGHTY Pompey in Sussex playing a league game on equal footing against little old Crawley is funnier than The Inbetweeners, Little Britain & Peter Kay sketch all rapped up.

I can't wait.

Bring it on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here