Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley v Plymouth

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Lush

Mods' Pet
Hopefully we've played a small part in helping Plymouth turn a corner. Any further support will I'm sure be welcomed. However my personal view is that we now have our own team to get behind.

Last edited:

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
No, did I say that ? Just think our own team should be priority over supporting someone else's team. Please don't get on your high horse about it, I never once said you were a bad fan.

Sorry- had only just got up and over reacted I think. What I ment was don't make it sound like we are chosing to go to Crawley over Ipswich; I simply don't have the option of going to Ipswich so I'm chosing to go to Crawley over sitting at home.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Sorry- had only just got up and over reacted I think. What I ment was don't make it sound like we are chosing to go to Crawley over Ipswich; I simply don't have the option of going to Ipswich so I'm chosing to go to Crawley over sitting at home.

Fair enough :kiss: everyone has different circumstances, for me though BHA come out on top each and every time.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sorry but I fail to see how going to watch Crawley v Plymouth at Crawley is going to help Plymouth in any way- surely financially it wont.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
What have you done exactly?

well i work night shifts and it is rubbish pay so find it hard to attend any game to be honest as i'm forever half asleep but despite living in Slough i've been a season ticket supporter since the priestfield days with my dad who has been supporting forever! couldnt get the night of to go liverpoo game but pulling a sicky for palace obviously! the leeds game i couldnt get off either because sky keep changing dates to late and on weekdays, can only go to weekend games :( but i told my old man to wear a green shirt (the new albion away shirt...good excuse to buy one). I think it was top stuff seeing the seagulls fans at their game on saturday, not what i would do but fair play to them! but personally now i think thats enough. if you think differently then thats cool but then its opinion isn't it so not worth debating as everyone has different opinions!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Hopefully we've played a small part in helping Plymouth turn a corner. Any further support will I'm sure be welcomed. However my personal view is that we now have our own team to get behind.

Agreed. Have they actually ASKED us to come to Crawley? The ball is (and should be) it their court. If they want help or support I'm sure it'll be given again, but it's THEIR club to help as they see fit.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
So if we don't go to Ipswich we are bad supporters now are we?

learn to read,its just the poster said he was prepared to go to crawley,sowith entrance to crawley,plus travel etc,
still going to spend money.
IF he got 4/5 in a car to ipswich it would only be 15 quid max,surely a better prospect watching the mighty bha,or save and go to another away day.

greenarmy83

Sep 25, 2011
Plymouth
Like others have said, I'm sure our fans wouldn't mind BHA fans going Crawley, but it won't help financially (hopefully that'll be sorted soon anyway). If it was me then I'd leave Crawley and come down for the Accrington game on the 8th, especially seeing as BHA don't play.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I may do the Crawley game, simply because I can't do Ipswich as I'm working (at Gatwick) until 2pm. Whereas I could easily make the Broadfield stadium by 3. It doesn't mean I'm in anyway transferring my allegiances, just amusing myself with a bit of football at a fairly cheap price, not to mention cheering on Crawley's opposition.

Don't see much wrong with that :shrug: will still be at Birmingham and Millwall and Watford and Derby etc.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Perhaps I am being selfish, but I call it excitement. I can't focus on anything past Tuesday. I am proud of the lads and lasses that went to support Argyle in their hour of need, and if needed again, I am sure people will be up for it. But to me nothing exists after Tuesday yet.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That too :)

Fergeee

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth fan here,

This little argument in this thread about supporting Plymouth and not supporting your own team is quite pathetic, you've done your part for us and we are very grateful but people want to go to the Crawley game then let them go, it's not like they're travelling up country 300 miles to watch a game, if somehow Exeter or Torquay ever got promoted to the Championship I'm sure there would be a load of Argyle fans watching Brighton against them.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Plymouth fan here,

This little argument in this thread about supporting Plymouth and not supporting your own team is quite pathetic, you've done your part for us and we are very grateful but people want to go to the Crawley game then let them go, it's not like they're travelling up country 300 miles to watch a game, if somehow Exeter or Torquay ever got promoted to the Championship I'm sure there would be a load of Argyle fans watching Brighton against them.

No I don't think it is pathetic to be honest, if just one Albion fan that would have gone away to Ipswich decides to forgo the trip to stay in Sussex and support Argyle then in my opinion that's to the detriment of our club.

Obviously people's circumstances are different ie Edna & uwinsc who couldn't make it anyway, then fair enough.

I honestly do wish PA all the best, and when the Albion don't have a game we should support any club that is in dire straights but to me the Albion MUST come first.

daatgreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth fan here too,

I totally agree with you 'wehatepalace', support your own club first. But if any Albion fan can't make it to Ipswich, for whatever reason and don't want to sit at home, come to Crawley...You'll be welcomed with open arms after Saturdays incredible turnout!!

You've got helluvor(?) load of supporters down here

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good idea, it'd be a good day out.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I will go to any Plymouth game possible to get to when Brighton aren't playing but I will NOT miss a Brighton game to see Plymouth Argyle game. October 8 Plymouth V Accrington Stanley, get there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here