Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town want to be Palace's main rivals...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The banning of Crawley residents from the night clubs was only done to make the town centre less overrun by chavs.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Just like Charlton, wanting a rivalry.

They will never get it. All they will get is a hatred towards their manager at best. Like Bristol City. Scummy, shitty little club, hated because of that **** of a manager they had a few seasons back. It isn't a rivalry.

Not that they will even get past League One level.

overspill red army

May 28, 2011
this has got to be a joke right your playing us possibly twice and you want some sort of rivalry

I didn't say i would like a rivalry between Crawley FC and Brighton FC,thats probably years away, if indeed its to happen at all.
Just pointing out the rivalry the two towns have had for the last 30 years,including the one football match we have had.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I didn't say i would like a rivalry between Crawley FC and Brighton FC,thats probably years away, if indeed its to happen at all.
Just pointing out the rivalry the two towns have had for the last 30 years,including the one football match we have had.

1. I think you're responding to a Palace fan. The clue's in the name.
2. It's only a rivalry when it's reciprocal. Crawley chavs trying to smash up a Brighton nightclub and reference to one game 20 years ago doesn't really cut it, I'm afraid.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Crystal Palace v Crawley Town rivalry?

What's that catchphrase doing the rounds lately about public sector pay cuts? "A race to the bottom", that's right, that'll do it

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1. I think you're responding to a Palace fan. The clue's in the name.
2. It's only a rivalry when it's reciprocal. Crawley chavs trying to smash up a Brighton nightclub and reference to one game 20 years ago doesn't really cut it, I'm afraid.

We might not be all that keen on Crawley as a town (heaven knows we've tried to sell it to Surrey and perhaps buy Tunbridge Wells off Kent, as it's something of a blot on Sussex).

But that means little in footballing rivalry terms. I don't like the towns of Luton or Middlesbrough either, but it doesn't mean I give a flying whatever about their football clubs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just like Charlton, wanting a rivalry.

They will never get it. All they will get is a hatred towards their manager at best. Like Bristol City. Scummy, shitty little club, hated because of that **** of a manager they had a few seasons back. It isn't a rivalry.

Not that they will even get past League One level.

Chances are though you'll both be languishing in League 2

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Interesting thread:thumbsup:
The chairman of crawley has cocked up really as he stated palace instead of us,fact is crawley have the potential to be a big rival of us although as a club they are light years away sadly.

This is my opinion on future big rivalries...
Brighton v crawley
Crystal palace v charlton

This makes much more sense and the locations suggest this aswell,i wouldn't mind having the pikey's from crawley as the big rival:thumbsup:

Shame they are tinpot

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Perhaps they need to ground share to generate a real rivalry? A cheap 15000 seater near Gatwick would probably suit all parties I reckon :lolol:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Don't make me laugh, all those nawty nigels and the well ard creepy crawlies, couldn't have a good ruck if their sorry little lives depended on it back then. They will be playing each other in 12/13 season in league 1, so maybe a slight rivalry will build between them. But the real rivalry will always be us an Palarse.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Crawley can f*** off.

Crawley will be bust within 3 years....Their business model is simply not sustainable and given they are located geographically between 2 Championship clubs where Crawley's locals attend their football, its simply going to end in tears

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Crawley will be bust within 3 years....Their business model is simply not sustainable and given they are located geographically between 2 Championship clubs where Crawley's locals attend their football, its simply going to end in tears

In the meantime, if CPFC and CTFC wish to indulge in a love/hate relationship, it will save us wasting our breath !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here