Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town want to be Palace's main rivals...

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Crawley ran the west street lot all over the place.

Back in the 80's and 90's even the Brighton night clubs were terrified of Crawley turning up.
If they thought you were from Crawley there was no hope of getting in any where.
Crawley boys had to grab hold of birds in the queue and pretend they were with them to stand any chance.
Bloody hell, come to think of it, it was only a couple of years back one of Brightons main clubs banned the whole town of Crawley from its club.It made national press and radio 5 live had a whole hour debating the ban.f***ing hilarious.

Who on here is old enough to recall the many tasty punch ups between Crawley and Brighton at the dance factory at Hickstead during the mid eighties.There was nowhere to hide at that place.

So all those blokes who were involved in aggro in nightclubs in Brighton were all Crawley FC fans were they? Not a chance matey. And were all those people they used to pick on BHA fans? Once again, not a chance matey.

Just because you come from a shit town with a nasty chav element that doesn't necessarily mean that Crawley ever had a firm...f*** me you've never even had a limited liability partnership.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
If we ignore this Crawley Danny Dyer-lite that's just turned up, I do wonder why Palace and not Brighton have been selected as rivals. I wonder if it's the resurgence of Brighton means that he wants the Albion fans around the Crawley area to have Crawley as their second team. In other words, Evans knows that if he tries to create a rivalry with Brighton he's going to get laughed out of the county.

You can't just create these rivalries if the teams never play each other. I think Evans is either getting way ahead of himself with his ideas of promotion and (it hurts me to say this) a wild disservice to Palace. Palace are a well established side with a strong fan base and a great tradition (one of which is Brighton as their main rivals). Crawley will go the same way as Rushden and Diamonds. Mark my words.

overspill red army

May 28, 2011
So all those blokes who were involved in aggro in nightclubs in Brighton were all Crawley FC fans were they? Not a chance matey. And were all those people they used to pick on BHA fans? Once again, not a chance matey.

Just because you come from a shit town with a nasty chav element that doesn't necessarily mean that Crawley ever had a firm...f*** me you've never even had a limited liability partnership.

I quite agree.Crawley have never had a firm that follow the club.
Just recalling the one time we played Brighton in a proper match and the aftermath of what happened because of it.
I wonder if you were at this match?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Back in the 80's and 90's even the Brighton night clubs were terrified of Crawley turning up.
If they thought you were from Crawley there was no hope of getting in any where.
Crawley boys had to grab hold of birds in the queue and pretend they were with them to stand any chance.
Bloody hell, come to think of it, it was only a couple of years back one of Brightons main clubs banned the whole town of Crawley from its club.It made national press and radio 5 live had a whole hour debating the ban.f***ing hilarious.

Who on here is old enough to recall the many tasty punch ups between Crawley and Brighton at the dance factory at Hickstead during the mid eighties.There was nowhere to hide at that place.

Oh. My. Good. Gawd. :facepalm:

overspill red army

May 28, 2011
:lolol:
If we ignore this Crawley Danny Dyer-lite that's just turned up, I do wonder why Palace and not Brighton have been selected as rivals. I wonder if it's the resurgence of Brighton means that he wants the Albion fans around the Crawley area to have Crawley as their second team. In other words, Evans knows that if he tries to create a rivalry with Brighton he's going to get laughed out of the county.

You can't just create these rivalries if the teams never play each other. I think Evans is either getting way ahead of himself with his ideas of promotion and (it hurts me to say this) a wild disservice to Palace. Palace are a well established side with a strong fan base and a great tradition (one of which is Brighton as their main rivals). Crawley will go the same way as Rushden and Diamonds. Mark my words.

What has Danny Diabolical got to do with it....you mug

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I quite agree.Crawley have never had a firm that follow the club.
Just recalling the one time we played Brighton in a proper match and the aftermath of what happened because of it.
I wonder if you were at this match?

Yep. I was there. I can't recall too much of any pre- or post- game shenanigans but then again it was a long time ago.

Let's face it, if Crawley draw Brighton in the cup then there will be aggro before and after the game because it will attract every wannabe hardman from the Crawley area, not because they support your club but because Crawley generally seems to have a chip on its shoulder about Brighton. You'll get Palace and premiership plastics (esp Chelsea) aplenty for that one game. That doesn't mean we are your rivals and we're not. I don't know or care who you hate. I love Brighton and hate Palace, Crawley means nothing to me and I suspect the vast majority of Albion supporters. If Crawley make a go of sticking around in the league then sadly, they will be another Bournemouth or Middlesbrough - always playing gooseberry to another happily-hating couple.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Seem to remember creepy crawley getting a shoeing down west street,as for the dance factory laughable'where u from',brighton' smack very brave groups picking on 1s and 2s,get your facts right twerp:tosser:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps Steve Evans should ask Crawley's loyal supporters what they think of this new policy.

Given that their average home crowd for the season before the money arrived- swelled by large numbers of fans from clubs like Luton- was 1,002 (making them the 19th best supported team in the BSP), it shouldn't take him long.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

You are living in your own little world where maybe one incident seems to have clouded your mind and spanned a couple of decades. I used to go into town reguarally during that time . Always finished up in West Street . Never heard a whisper of the menace that is Crawley. I remember a massive tear up at the bottom West Street between West Ham fans and most of customers from the Smugglers . That was in the summer.

The only time your tiny little caravan park was mentioned was during some trouble at a Selector gig at the Top Rank. Your lot tried it on and got turned over. It meant next time there was a similar event , our skinheads were banned from going in . That was the Cockney Rejects at the Top Rank a couple of weeks later. It did'nt stop them waiting for you outside and giving your lot another spanking . It was carnage . I don't think there was one person from Crawley who did'nt have some sort of limp whilst running back to the station .
Yeah , we used to get it from you at the Leisure Centre. But that is not going to ban an entire town from another one is it.
Apart from that , you have been quite anonymous.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here