Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town want to be Palace's main rivals...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Crawley is palace territory as far as I'm concerned, not sure how they'd have a rivalry
It's no more Palace than it is Brighton but in any case, it is Chelsea territory these days if anybody at all. And one day, it might actually be Crawley Town territory.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What a bizarre thing to come out with. What's his logic behind it, why would a rivalry with palace suddenly spring up over the next 3 or 4 years when previously there was none? Surely they'd have to play each other in some meaningful games and not just a pre-season friendly. Why pick palace who are tow divisions above them and not charlton who are only one division above but are a more illustrious name?

Has this been put on any palace boards?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not keen on Crawley and it is a touch sad that they have to try and drum up a rivalry by targetting another club and hoping for some kind of backlash. But I wouldn't be against another club disliking Palace.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We have only real one real rival, despite having been apart in the league for many years due to class differances :lolol:
We only hate Brighton
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::wanker::wanker::shit::shit::shit::shit::catfight:

Millwall, Charlton, dont come close:wrong:

Yay, we're special.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a bit pathetic really isn't it? You can't just manufacture a rivalry out of nothing..

As for the "We hate Brighton" song they had going on in the FA Cup draw.. We couldn't give any less of a shit about you tinpot mugs :laugh:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't have any problem with that. It is good to have ambition, and Crawley's ambition seems to be to get to the point where they can create a rivalry with Palace.

I think it is very ambitious, but good luck to them :thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
GOOD , thank god for that

Crawley - you're welcome to them , they're YOUR problem now..

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Erm, I think you may well be wrong on that one - Certainly the only thing I remember kicking off the one time we played them in the FA Cup (last century) was the match...
You are quite incorrect, I can remember running battles around Hove station when we played them in the cup back at the Goldstone.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Crawley will be Palace's rivals in League 2 but we will be their main rivals as Charlton and Millwall will no longer be interested.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thinking about it, Charlton would make excellent rivals for Crawley. At the moment no-one gives a f*** about either team, they are not that far away, and they are only one division apart.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You are quite incorrect, I can remember running battles around Hove station when we played them in the cup back at the Goldstone.

Well, I didn't go anywhere near the station - certainly nothing interesting going on at the ground or in Hove Park.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Is Evans implying that in a few seasons time Palace and Crawley may be playing in the same league ?

If so what league does he think this might be ?

I can only think he imagines Crawley going up to League 1 and Palace sinking down to it. Which is a possibility with recent form of both clubs.

I also presume he thinks we will be out of the equation playing Champions League :bhasign::whistle:

overspill red army

May 28, 2011
Well, I didn't go anywhere near the station - certainly nothing interesting going on at the ground or in Hove Park.

Crawley ran the west street lot all over the place.

Back in the 80's and 90's even the Brighton night clubs were terrified of Crawley turning up.
If they thought you were from Crawley there was no hope of getting in any where.
Crawley boys had to grab hold of birds in the queue and pretend they were with them to stand any chance.
Bloody hell, come to think of it, it was only a couple of years back one of Brightons main clubs banned the whole town of Crawley from its club.It made national press and radio 5 live had a whole hour debating the ban.f***ing hilarious.

Who on here is old enough to recall the many tasty punch ups between Crawley and Brighton at the dance factory at Hickstead during the mid eighties.There was nowhere to hide at that place.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Deary me. It looks to me like the charmless Evans is getting a bit carried away with Creepy being promoted last season, so here's to their wheels falling off sooner rather than later. :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Relax, he's only saying it because they're playing them tomorrow night.

Kind of a shame Neil Warnock isn't still in charge of Palace, as a match with him and Evans on the touchline could well be a sight to behold :lol:

In truth, Crawley will soon have their pick of rival teams to start a rivalry with, as it won't be long before every other team in the Fourth Division hates them as much as every other team in the BSP did. So they can choose whoever they want.

I'd suggest Gillingham. Not too far away, they have no realistic rivals at the moment (they don't like Millwall, who couldn't give a toss, they have an irrational feud with Swindon to renew but that's not really a proper rivalry), and frankly the two towns are so similar in many ways, they could almost be twinned anyway. And I reckon Andy Hessenthaler (I think he's still in charge...correct me if I'm wrong) would just LOVE to take on Steve Evans in a fight.

Vote Gills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here