Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town are f***ed

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Its a terrible day for Sussex football wether you like Crawley or not. I can't believe the Majeeds can try and buy back the club that they f***ed in the first place. It makes you wonder what their motives were for buying the club in the first place.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
its a joke - i cant believe the authorities cant step in to tell the current owners that they obviously cant re-bid to take the club back.

what the f*** is the FA and other governing bodies there for? surely they can step in.

It is a shame as crawley have come so far since the days at "town mead"!!

(but if it DID go tits, which i really hope it doesn't, i would be chuffed to play there instead of withdean, ANY DAY!)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
BarrelofFun said:
I can't see any chance of survival. The Majeeds will win. :down:

Incidentally, if the club does not own the ground why have the Majeeds shown such interest in them. Can they make money out of the club?

Money laundering (allegedly)

Also it is rumoured they want to regain control out of spite to destroy the club as a 'gift' to the fans that have given them such a hard time!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It is just not fair. The FA really do not give a shit about lower league football, no matter what they say.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Wookiee said:
Money laundering (allegedly)

Also it is rumoured they want to regain control out of spite to destroy the club as a 'gift' to the fans that have given them such a hard time!

Not sure in the long run, that that is a great idea, given that they run 3 lucrative bars / eateries in the town. I'd sell those quick if I were them. Or get some very good CCTv.

Albion Rob

Very bad news for Crawley and for Sussex football in general.

What happens if they do go bust? Will they reform a side out of the ashes and start again in the County League?

I would take playing there in the meantime and kiss goodbye to Withdean. I know it makes us look like Vultures but it would be a million times better than playing at Withdean what with the terraces and roofing. It wouls still be in Sussex and if it was an interim measure then I can't see why the league would not accept it.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Smart Mart said:
So what was the reasoning in letting Wimbledon move 60 miles to Milton Keynes ?

Just curious like...

I don't think it's a strict rule for everyone, more a stipulation that was put on us by the league as part of their approval of our move back to Brighton.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Crawley can reform and would probably go into the county league, so in that respect it wouldnt take them that long to climb back to where they are with their facillities, which will be owned by the council so wont be sold off.

tainan

Jul 5, 2003
Commander said:
It is just not fair. The FA really do not give a shit about lower league football, no matter what they say.

What can the FA do if there's no-one else willing to buy the club? Either way CTFC is screwed.

Edit to add: I do agree with your sentiment in general though.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i dont understand crawleys fans, they're football club is extremely close to going belly up and all they seem to care about is some Brentford fan giving racist abuse to the SAG???

I was too young for the archer bellotti episodes, but from what i hear we made their lives hell, apparently if you try and intimidate 'SAG' then they are not real crawley fans and worse than SAG...

righttttt, how to sit back and watch you club die

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Springal said:
i dont understand crawleys fans, they're football club is extremely close to going belly up and all they seem to care about is some Brentford fan giving racist abuse to the SAG???

I was too young for the archer bellotti episodes, but from what i hear we made their lives hell, apparently if you try and intimidate 'SAG' then they are not real crawley fans and worse than SAG...

righttttt, how to sit back and watch you club die

That is the view of only a few fans, the majority hate the Majeeds with a passion.

Just ask the group that were involved in the fracas with the Bruvs outside the Ja ja bar last month, also the 1000 fans that stayed away from the Millwall game.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
still i have been 'monitoring' the ctfc website and just see alot of talk??

surely these fans should be standing up to the SAG in numbers aswell as boycotting the game, mass protests, media involvement etc, as without the internet i probably wouldnt know what was happening in Crawley

Albion Rob

Direct action.

Pitch invasions, sporadic violence, possibly someone being sent to prison for threats to kill. That's the way forward. No one took us seriously until they realised we actually cared enough to kill someone.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
vulture said:
Dont understand how the Majeds can bust Crawley then offer to buy them back at 20% of the debt they owe
Looks like Crawley are well and truly f***ed

All perfectly lawful. Plenty of companies do it as an intentional way to revive a failing business, it's called a "packaged receivership" whereby a company goes into receivership at 5pm Friday night, and the owners buy it back from the receivers at 9am Monday morning for a knock down price with no obligation to settle an unsecured debts - which is most of them. The owners buy it under a new name but are perfectly entitled to ne "newname Ltd t/as Oldname" and then using the old name on all material so that it's to outsiders the same old company.

The only difference in this case is that the receivers had a period in which they invited offers rather than it being a closed deal from the start. Unfortunately for Crawley it would appear that the receivers have no other offer that they could accept.

:down:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Springal said:

surely these fans should be standing up to the SAG in numbers aswell as boycotting the game, mass protests, media involvement etc, as without the internet i probably wouldnt know what was happening in Crawley

Its been covered in The Argus for the last 4 months !

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Springal said:

My thoughts exactly. They don't seem to be doing enough IMHO.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Commander said:
My thoughts exactly. They don't seem to be doing enough IMHO.

I think you will find they have, the fans have the full backing of both local newspapers, the National Non league paper, season ticket sales are almost non existent, boycotts have been in place for every home game and crowds have been less than 500.

The Argus have covered the goings on since the pitch invasion/demo at the Acrington Stanley game last season.

Kicked off outside the Ja ja bar with the Majeeds and angry CTFC supporters who staged a protest outside the bar, this resulted in Chas Majeed getting nicked and a near riiot at the top of Crawley High street.

A supporters trust has been set up by fans.

Anti majeed Graffiti all over the town.

I will say though that these Majeeds like to play a bit more dirtier than the likes of Archer and Bellotti.

Their henchmen turned up round a teenage fans house mob handed wanting to deliver 'a message' to a young fan who try to organise a protest.

These thugs work outside the law and are very dangerous people.

But in no way have CTFC fans layed down and let this happen.

And they will continue to do all they can until the Bruvs are well and truly out of the picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here