Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley singing some of our chants at Southend?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Wonder if there are a few Albion fans there? Southend chanting 'we can see you holding hands' so Crawley chant back 'you're f***ing curious' and 'we pay your benefits'

Games live on Sky Sports 1 btw

Dec 29, 2011
Probably zero Albion fans there. They must have just been to an Albion game in the past when Crawley were an ever lesser team and picked up some of the chants.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Wonder if there are a few Albion fans there? Southend chanting 'we can see you holding hands' so Crawley chant back 'you're f***ing curious' and 'we pay your benefits'

Games live on Sky Sports 1 btw

Why would southend fans sing that to crawley fans, i thought we were the only gays in the village, unless they suspect some brighton fans mixed in.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What's ours about "we pay your benefits", I'm pretty sure we didn't invent that.

I f***ing hope not anyway.

Is the unemployment rate much higher in Southend than Crawley? ???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just started watching this.for the last 10 mins or so. Liam Dickinson has been crocked and Southend are down to 9 men with 10 mins plus injury time to go.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Yeah, because "we pay your benefits" is really OUR song isn't it?
It's only our song because some of our wanker fans sing it at every away game thinking it's funny.

Massively ironic if Crawley are singing it though!

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
why would it be ironic if crawley fans sang 'we pay your benefits'? crawley has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the u.k and southend is a town dying on its feet. Is it because the rest of sussex thinks it is so posh compared to crawley?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
why would it be ironic if crawley fans sang 'we pay your benefits'? crawley has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the u.k and southend is a town dying on its feet. Is it because the rest of sussex thinks it is so posh compared to crawley?

I've lived in Southend for nearly 12
years now and Unfortunately I have to disagree with your description of the place. The people here aren't the most friendly sometimes, they nearly all drive like twats and it can all be a bit kiss me quick, but a town dying on it's arse it ain't. When i moved here it was pretty much like a crumbling Brighton from the mid 80's only with more burnt out cars. Theres been massive investment the last few years with the whole Thames estuary rejuvenation plan.
But they've still got a shit football team though.

Sent by Derek Acorah via the spirit world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here