Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Crowd

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
Why would anyone go and see them anyway? Half the fooball supporting population from that town will be up in Scumhurst (if you can really call that football supporting) and I bet a fair few were down in Pompey following us. The rest would have been watching the PL games no doubt.

I love Sussex, but if theres one place that ruins the county its got to be there - can't we cede it to Surrey??

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Has been said on here many times, but I'll say it again.....

It will all end in tears!!!

unless they draw Man Utd in the cup every year.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Is it really that "big"? I was guessing that they had low turnout because of the size limitation. That not being the case, is 2/3k simply what they can expect normally? What have Crawley been getting over the last 5 years? Is 2/3k a jump and they can be happy with those crowds?

Personally I don't have a problem with the size of their crowd. It's not a high crowd but I'm sure ManU could say our attendances are pathetic too. It's all relative.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They will be very disappointed with that.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
With the Chelsea game not till tomorrow, Spurs off and Arsenal away at Newcastle you would have thought they would be looking at getting a pretty good crowd in (3,500 - 4,000)

If that's all they get for their first ever home game in the football league, it's pretty pathetic.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
there were only 15 macclesfield supporters there and it is holiday season. not bad start and i full expect there to be over 4k for Southend on Tuesday. The club will be disappointed with the figure though.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Why would anyone go and see them anyway? Half the fooball supporting population from that town will be up in Scumhurst (if you can really call that football supporting) and I bet a fair few were down in Pompey following us. The rest would have been watching the PL games no doubt.

I love Sussex, but if theres one place that ruins the county its got to be there - can't we cede it to Surrey??

Prick. Crawley is actually not a bad place to live and has a very high population of Brighton fans. Yer it has it shit areas, but as bad as some in Brighton? M/scomb Whitehawk? give me Crawley any day of the week

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

People really do underestimate how many Albion actually live in Crawley, there must have been 20-30 who got on my train out of Three Bridges alone, a mix of blue/White black/green stripes.
So for you to go on about how shit the town is, is a little bit insulting.
As a previous poster has already mentioned whitehawk & moulscombe are as bad if not worse than most areas of Crawley, and don't get me started on Hastings !
Sussex would be worse of without the Airport too, it provides a lot of jobs to the county.
But let's all be grateful that Fratton is in Hampshire !!!!!!

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
People really do underestimate how many Albion actually live in Crawley, there must have been 20-30 who got on my train out of Three Bridges alone, a mix of blue/White black/green stripes.
So for you to go on about how shit the town is, is a little bit insulting.
As a previous poster has already mentioned whitehawk & moulscombe are as bad if not than most areas of Crawley, and don't get me started on Hastings !
Sussex would be worse of without the Airport too, it provides a lot of jobs to the county.
But let's all be grateful that Fratton is in Hampshire !!!!!!

The most sensible comment made on this thread so far.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Their low crowd might finally alert the faceless backers they have in the far-east realise, that their ridiculous investment in Crawley is an utter waste of time and money.

Shame for the 'loyal' handful of supporters they have...but good for football in general if they go belly up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here