Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crap Withdean signings pre-McGhee

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Graham Barrett.

McCammon is a goal MACHINE by comparison.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Can't believe no one had mentioned Kitson? Or is that because he wasn't cheap?

What about some of the dodgy keepers we've had?

D

Deleted User X18H

Simster said:
This quote made me think about some of the utter crap that HAS been brought in by some of our successful managers pre-McGhee. For what it's worth, I feel Coppell has brought in the least amount of crap, and Adams was the worst offender at Withdean.

So let's have a list, just to show that McGhee spunking our funds on mediocrity like McCammon and El Turi is merely par for the course:

Dave Cameron
That Thomas nutter from Swansea
Aiden Whitehouse
Jamie Campbell

Aiden Whitehouse is he related to Mary Newhouse ?????

teddy maybank
mick ferguson
mark chaimberlain
frank stapleton
michael mahoney johnson
vaslue gislaisson

look its a long long long long list of ineptitude and i can't be arsed to go. but its hardly as thos MM is the first BHA manager to waste a shirt on totally useless striker

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Geoff Pitcher actually cost 25k.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Geoff Pitcher has to be the least successful considering the money we payed. However there have been some bad / disappointing signings. Barrett was also disappointing as I had high hopes for him when we first signed him.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
To be quite fair to Adams, he virtually had a complete rebuilding task on his hands, and many of these "failures" were signed on short-term deals to simply do a job. Plus, Stant was a bloody legend.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Storer68 said:
teddy maybank
mick ferguson
mark chaimberlain
frank stapleton
michael mahoney johnson
vaslue gislaisson

look its a long long long long list of ineptitude and i can't be arsed to go. but its hardly as thos MM is the first BHA manager to waste a shirt on totally useless striker

When did Stapleton play for the Albion then???

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Don't know how far we are allowed to go back but what about Mark Farrington. He must be one of the biggest wastes of space I've ever seen in an Albion shirt. He cost £100k (I think) then which must be at least £150k in todays money.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I can't actually remember too many failures brought in by Coppell. Infact, apart from Daniel Webb's 2nd spell with us, I'm struggling to think of one bad player signed by Coppell.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
El Turi said:
He played a couple of games for us in the 94-95 season (signed by Brady).

Played away to Cardiff in a 3-0 defeat, think Stewart Kerr played in that game to

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here