Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Based on the fact that he had his leg broken, could happen to any player, never had an injury problem before so I have no idea where you get your ideas from.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what I have seen of him(I admit only on player)he is a great impact player and when defenders are tired can speedily drift across their penalty area which scares them witless and IMHO will do really well in the championship

in Gus we trust

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
The difference between Nooney and Kaz is that LuaLua is better running at a lot of space in behind the defenders whilst Noone is great in tight spaces, both can produce quality crosses and both have a good shot (even of we haven't seen much of that from Nooney yet). It would be great to have both of them with one starting and the other coming on on 60 mins or so. Would tear most full backs to shreds.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Noone sounds a bit like Buckley, incredible talent but may get some inconsistency. He could do with bulking up a little, he is a slight framed guy and the championship will be full of big geezers.

he has bags of potential, when it comes off he is sublime

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Quality player who will do better the higher up the football pyramid he goes. Can see him rotating with KLL or both starting regularly if we play Buckley in behind the strikers in the role Gus preferred for Benno.

That is exactly as I see it panning out. With either KLL or CN being the sacrifice if we need to revert to a plan B.

Noone is a great talent,I really hope he does well this season.Thank god we had him on the pitch for the live game at Colchester.

The difference between Nooney and Kaz is that LuaLua is better running at a lot of space in behind the defenders whilst Noone is great in tight spaces, both can produce quality crosses and both have a good shot (even of we haven't seen much of that from Nooney yet). It would be great to have both of them with one starting and the other coming on on 60 mins or so. Would tear most full backs to shreds.

THIS. To both of these.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Noone sounds a bit like Buckley, incredible talent but may get some inconsistency. He could do with bulking up a little, he is a slight framed guy and the championship will be full of big geezers.

he has bags of potential, when it comes off he is sublime

I think that is the nature of players with those talents, they don't turn it on for 90 mins but when they do they create or score goals.

Also, I don't think that we should be too worried about big geezers in the championship, players like George Best or Lionel Messi made/make big opponents look like numpties. I know Buckley and Noone aren't in that league (yet!:smile:) but they illustrate that if you've got the skills to beat and evade tackles then bulking up will just slow you down.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Even if we sign KLL, Noone will get plenty of game time this season, we need 3 quality wingers to rotate, injuries, suspensions loss of form etc. Noone, Buckley and KLL would be ideal.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Agree with most of what's been said on here. Love Nooney and getting KLL would give us brilliant options.
It's a tough old league with an awful lot of games to play, and I'm sure Gus is sorting out a squad with loads of options. Squad rotation will be so important.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What do people really think of the Craig Noone Signing?
Don't get me wrong I really like him but in Brighton terms at the time he was one of our most expensive signings. You would think he would be an ever present and automatic choice for the starting line-up. Now he seems a level headed kind of lad and said himself that it would take the rest of the season to fully understand Gus's way of playing but that then has implications for any new signings coming in. How long before they are up to speed?. I just wonder if he has been the success he should have been for that money or have we been able gloss over any shortcomings in the euphoria of winning the league. I hope he goes on this year to develop into a superstar but if KLL arrives he may be competing for the same position. I just kind of expected more at the time I guess is what I'm saying. Does anyone feel the same?

Nooney has seriously fast feet. Very reminiscent of, say, Darren Huckerby, at this level. When he's on the ball its clear he patently reckons he can run through the entire opposition. He's not far wrong either. Why could it not be a deliberate tactic to ALWAYS bring him on when defenders are starting to tire for maximum impact? Who says you always have to start with your strongest eleven? Nooney is the ultimate tactical super-sub I'd suggest.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
When he played against us down here he was the stand out player for them and gave Painter the right run around, and from what Ive seen of him since we have signed him I reckon we have a star in the making, especially on that big old pitch at The Amex !

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Like Lua Lua he's great starting the game or even better coming on for a final 20-25 minutes when opposition has been worn out. Expect if we sign Kazenga, they will swap on the left with one doing the 65-70 minute shift and the other doing the exposing (ooh err?) of the run ragged full back. Will be a great tandem. Also sure either could start on right if Buckley misses time but Sparrow will be in contention for that and even Barnes if formation is fluid. 3 flexible starting standard wingers is better than a right sided starter and back-up plus a left sided starter and back-up so he's very important.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nooney is pacy but not as quick as KLL who turns it on from a standing start , Nooney likes to turn the defenders inside and out running at them whereas LuaLua just whizzes past them.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i prefer noone to KLL to be honest, doesnt lose the ball as much. having said that, i still reeeally hope we sign KLL

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
He is going to be the name on the back of my new shirt, I think he is brilliant and will only get better after a pre season with Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here