Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
yup. played well against us as did the car thief (BWP). I would take both without hesitation as, in a good side like ours, they could excel.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Argus says we are after him and he could be more plausable than the 'big name' player we recently tried to sign on a loan-to-buy basis. Presumably we will only try to sign him if we fail to get the special player, and on that basis I hope we don't sign him (although he would clearly be a good second option)!

On a side note, this is the first time I've heard the 'special' player be called 'big name'. Just makes it more intriguing, he must be qualla AND famous!

BlythMeister

Aug 30, 2010
Lewes
oh he is a hope builder imaginary character.

Noone sounds like a great player, could add some extra strength in the middle with Kaz gone/out

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Argus says we are after him and he could be more plausable than the 'big name' player we recently tried to sign on a loan-to-buy basis. Presumably we will only try to sign him if we fail to get the special player, and on that basis I hope we don't sign him (although he would clearly be a good second option)!

On a side note, this is the first time I've heard the 'special' player be called 'big name'. Just makes it more intriguing, he must be qualla AND famous!

Wow. If he's second best the special player must be really err... special!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Makes sense that these two are targets as both could cut it in the Championship. I think they'd be exciting signings and would add real depth. Bennett could easily come inside when we played both of them. However neither obviously sort out the striker and left back problems so would have to be on the cheap.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Special player:bowdown::bowdown:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There is a thread on there board about us being after him

Cue:

"Ha, as if"
"Will NEVER happen"
"Why would he want a sideways move?"
"they can't afford, him".

Followed by...

"What the f*** are the board playing at?"
"He'll regret that when we finish above them"
"Oh well, he was pretty shit anyway"
"[random youth teamer] is a much better player anyway - we won't miss him"
"Must be a shit-stabber"

etc, etc...

As hans kraay fan club said about Austin last week. How long before they do the same?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Yesterday's Argus says: "Poyet has revealed that he also has enough money left to land, on impulse, 'someone very special'". Going back to the stories before the shut of the loan window that we were hoping to land two players, and if we were to do so the second would be the 'very special' player, makes me think that we were after Noone and the special one at that time, but weren't able to complete either.

This could mean that we are still hoping to sign Noone, but that it will not affect our ability to sign the special player if he becomes available.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Plymouth have been given 2 months extension to pay tax bill by the court. This suggests that they have put forward a viable payment plan, which could involve pre-agreed player sales in January. So if Noone doesn't play for them again, it'll mean he's being sold in January to someone and it's all arranged.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why is anyone assuming the "special" player is a winger? I reckon they might well be a striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here