Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
yeah kick em when their down.

Nothing to do with kicking them when they are down....you are obviously to young to remember but Leeds United bought Mark Beeney off us at the last minute, the transfer cash saved us from being wound up.

If a company needs immediate money then assets have to be sold.

A Football Club is a business and in such requires an income to match or better expenditure.

I hope Plymouth dont go bust but clubs need to be run better, what would happen if you or I did not pay our taxes?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing to do with kicking them when they are down....you are obviously to young to remember but Leeds United bought Mark Beeney off us at the last minute, the transfer cash saved us from being wound up.

If a company needs immediate money then assets have to be sold.

A Football Club is a business and in such requires an income to match or better expenditure.

I hope Plymouth dont go bust but clubs need to be run better, what would happen if you or I did not pay our taxes?

That is exactly right what is the old saying 'needs must when the devil drives ' or something similar. Another club is likely to offer them a deal even if we dont so why should it not be us if that or they are the players Gus wants. If they are gauranteed receiving a substantial amount of cash in a months time it may well get them a reprieve and give them time. What is their alternative be wound up? I know which I would prefer as a fan.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There's no-one there, there's no-one there...

New song for our new winger if we sign him, Noone will be everywhere!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Possibly the most flairtastic English name possible - sign him up.

He's an ugly bastard though!
craig%20noone_633584703035000000.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he Peter Noone of Herman's Hermit's son?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought he gave painter a torrid time there this season, looked there best player by far. Are we going to sign him?

If that is so I am obviously wrong as he would play on the right if up against Painter so we could sign both him and Monkhouse but then I prefer to see Bennett attacking on the wings , pity Gus doesnt.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
He sounded a bit of a handfull when we played them in September, Seems eons ago now.

Wouldn't mind Bradley Wright-Phillips too. He must be on Championship wages still so a club looking to cut its cloth might let him go & a reasonable price.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
If that is so I am obviously wrong as he would play on the right if up against Painter so we could sign both him and Monkhouse but then I prefer to see Bennett attacking on the wings , pity Gus doesnt.
I might be wrong but I'm sure he played on the right!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Noone is quality. He raped Painter down the right, although I believe he can play on either wing.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Would be a great signing, getting him and BWP would be excellent business, especially if we get them on the cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here