Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone - Your honest opinions.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
not much more to say, Nooney does lack end product but part of that is about how we play and what we asked of him. When he first came his shooting was better but now he tries to do more with the ball and loses shooting chances as a result. His dead ball delivery has improved but he isnt the best crosser of a ball on the run. His natural game is to recieve the ball wide and cut in with the ball at his feet. He will lose the ball twice for every free kick he wins in dangerous positions but he will win plenty of free kicks and he will have the ground on the edge of their seats while he does it. Add in to the mix that he is the loveliest bloke with an infectious good humour and in an age where footballers too often bring themselves and their club into disrepute Nooney is a shining star of everything that is good about the game - a real throwback in many ways to a time past when players realised how lucky they were and were happy to share their good fortune with the fans. A great lad and Cardiff fans will love him. Can he play at a higher level? Of course he can and he will. No disrespect that Cardiff play a simpler game and one that will suit Nooney............get ready to be on the edge of your seats and enjoy :thumbsup:

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I heard that Nooney only wanted to play for a team wearing red which is why he didn't sign for Cardiff until they changed their strip! Joking apart, a top bloke & good player when on form.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
will miss young craig , always exciting to watch, always good for up to an hour, we rarely saw him for much longer, great impact sub,will always remember his skilful footwork, in particular his assist for will buckleys first goal ,in the first game at the amex, and some great individual goals,good luck son, (would rather have half an hour with the little blonde opera singer)

Last edited:

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
How would you describe Craig Noone's playing style? Is he a pacey winger or more of a winger that relies on skill? Does he work hard? etc

Pacey, skilful winger and hard worker.

What is his personality like on and off the pitch?

A comedian off the field and very generous to the fans.

Is he potentially a great Championship player or could he cut it in the top flight? (If we ever make it one f***ing day!)

Could be a great Championship player if he improved his crossing and finishing, however showed no signs of doing that so would only qualify as an average / maybe even below average Championship player in my book.

What would you rate his overall impact at Brighton?

Showed plenty of promise at first but it went downhill after that.

In our club's perspective, is he a good signing? Should he start?

Would be a good player to bring off the bench if the team needs more energy but if you're chasing promotion he should definitely not be a regular starter.

Would you boff Davina McCall?

I don't think my girlfriend would like that. If i was single though, without question.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'll answer it in two sentences:

Brilliant skill with little to no end product.
Absolute f***ing legend.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
How would you describe Craig Noone's playing style? Is he a pacey winger or more of a winger that relies on skill? Does he work hard? etc

Tricky little fucker that has some pace, and a lot of skill (quick feet)

What is his personality like on and off the pitch?

A crazy fool, will liven up the dressing room, and will be a fans favourite

Is he potentially a great Championship player or could he cut it in the top flight? (If we ever make it one f***ing day!)

Championship player at best in my opinion, however with 2 lumps up front to aim at, he may well do really well for you. No way prem though

What would you rate his overall impact at Brighton?

Helped create some wonderful chances, other times woeful. when on form, he is a joy to watch, but will often frustrate you, and can go missing from time to time

In our club's perspective, is he a good signing? Should he start?

Great Impact player from the bench, but as for a starting place, well that is down to your manager. Loved him as a player though. If he starts and gets subbed (assuming you are winning) chant Nooney Nooney whats the score, he is quite funny.

Would you boff Davina McCall?

Not again, took me weeks of antibiotics to clear that f***ing rash up afterwards... However she is definitely fit as!!!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
1. He is pacey and has quick feet, he always wants the ball and always wants to run at his man. He does work back more than most wingers probably. Those are the good things about him. Bad things are his final ball, be it cross or shot is often weak and his decision making isn't great.

2. He is a great lad, on the pitch and off it.

3. He has all the attributes, but whether he can bring them all together on a consistent basis is the question, based on a season and a half here I would say no.

4. He had a good impact, he helped us win League One and he helped us have a good season last year, but I wouldn't say he was ever crucial in what we were doing.

5. I dunno, that's your club. Probably.

6. If I had nothing better to do.

I agree (except for 6) - sorry to see him go.
On family days he always made time to talk to people, share photos and give autographs etc . At a recent one he pinched his mates chocolates and gave them to my grandchildren, so they like him too!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here