Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone - Your honest opinions.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Nice quote from Gus:

"We know Nooney is very popular at the club, with the staff, players and fans, and he will be missed.

"Since signing for us from Plymouth, he has been a great guy to have around and a real character - but it is football.

"We thank him for what he has done at this club in the last year and a half, we wish him well and we will be watching out for him. I hope he personally does very well with Cardiff."

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
He's okay but hasn't looked like a Championship regular so far. Wouldn't mind keeping him in our squad, but assuming you spent a similar amount to what was bid last time then you've definetely overpaid big time for him and he will not meet the expectation of that price.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If he take Bellamy's place on the left, with CB and Helguson in the middle I think he'll create a huge number of goals for those two. Not every cross is the best, but he will put a lot in and with those two in the middle they'll score a few. Plus he always seemed to cut in to have a pop on his weaker right foot, if he stays on the wing and crosses all the time rather than shooting, I fancy him to do well.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bet he bloody scores against us up there..

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You've got a good lad there.

Look after him.

Good luck Nooney. :salute:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Basically, if you have the time, could you answer a few quick questions?

How would you describe Craig Noone's playing style? Is he a pacey winger or more of a winger that relies on skill? Does he work hard? etc
Tricky, skillful winger. Doesn't burn full backs for pace, but will turn them inside out. Can cut inside or go round the outside. A player to get you out of your seat ... although you will slump back down due to a poor end product more often than you'd like. Great to watch though.

What is his personality like on and off the pitch?
Lively. Don't know him personally, but he comes across as one of teh real characters of the dressing room. Oh and he'd probably appreciate a personal introduction to the manager of Cardiffs biggest Nandos.

Is he potentially a great Championship player or could he cut it in the top flight? (If we ever make it one f***ing day!)
I'd say that he is currently a very good Championship player, and this time last year when he started spanking in some goals at the end of his runs, I thought he was about to become great. If he could work on his delivery from wide, he could be a Premiership player IMHO.

What would you rate his overall impact at Brighton?
In a team that could struggle to create chances at times, he was a key player to open teams up for us. There have been 2 or 3 players, who, when out injured, we really struggled to create openings, and he was one of them.

In our club's perspective, is he a good signing? Should he start?
Yes. Yes.

Would you boff Davina McCall?
Not again, no. She just kept phoning me non-stop for weeks afterwards.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
When we've got a fit Lua Lua or Buckley then he didn't really get a look in.

So if he's gone for £1.5m then that's a lot of money to get for a bench man.

I wonder if Buckley mysteriously is fit now and remains so.

Aug 23, 2012
Berkshire
Noone -Good Lad

How would you describe Craig Noone's playing style? Is he a pacey winger or more of a winger that relies on skill? Does he work hard?

Works hard, can be tricky & quick however also inconsistent and the end ball or shot can be poor - Swindon in the cup at start of season saw this. Not a goal scorer but will go past his man and looks good from a crowd point of view. Think Championship is his max level but you never know.

What is his personality like on and off the pitch?
Top bloke, appreciates that he is lucky to be a professional footballer as he got into the game very late. appears Very humble, always has a lot of time for fans has been seen out on community projects in schools etc works well with the kids. Well liked in dressing room I hear

Is he potentially a great Championship player or could he cut it in the top flight? (If we ever make it one f***ing day!)
Personally I don't think he is prem, but you never know.

What would you rate his overall impact at Brighton? 7/10.
one of the early Gus arrivals and came at a bargin price circa £300k so has been well worth the money

In our club's perspective, is he a good signing? Should he start?
Only seen one Cardiff game recently at Amex, might give you something different but not long term as said don't think he is one for your premiership team. Will be popular with the Fans not sure if Red is his colour (sorry had to get that in).
Would you boff Davina McCall? God yes and go back for seconds.

D

Deleted member 18477

He's not a premiership player. Snodgrass, pilkington, bennett, Nathan dyer, routledge, scott sinclair are all way better at having an end product which is what counts most at that level. (I use them as an example because they've just gone up from lower leagues recently).

noone is however a really top bloke with a great attitude. I hope he makes it in the prem one day. Just needs to work on that end product. More often than not he does everything else right but either fluffs a cross/shot or runs into trouble. He's tricky, pacey and exciting to watch at times but is that enough? We'll let you decide...

After watching Brighton v Cardiff this season is he better than what you already have? Probably not. Will he add a bit of steal to your squad? Yes! Which is why we now need to replace him to make sure we have a squad in place to last 46 games!

Good luck nooney, thanks for your money Cardiff, now do the business gus!

Last edited by a moderator:

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Good player. Very one footed. Could improve end product.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
A great player. How many MoM awards did he win last season ? Any player with feet that quick and that incredible ability to beat his marker has to be worth a place in any side. He's also young and still improving and could easily make it in the Prem. He needs a good target man centre forward to be seen at his best and unfortunately we didn't have one last season, so most of his creative work came to nothing. It was not his fault there was never anyone in the box to get on the end of his work.
Good player, exciting to watch and I will sorely miss him. The only player since Peter Ward to get me out of my seat in anticipation.
A sad loss for BHA

D

Deleted member 18477

A great player. How many MoM awards did he win last season ? Any player with feet that quick and that incredible ability to beat his marker has to be worth a place in any side. He's also young and still improving and could easily make it in the Prem. He needs a good target man centre forward to be seen at his best and unfortunately we didn't have one last season, so most of his creative work came to nothing. It was not his fault there was never anyone in the box to get on the end of his work.
Good player, exciting to watch and I will sorely miss him. The only player since Peter Ward to get me out of my seat in anticipation.
A sad loss for BHA

Have you not watched Buckley, lualua or VICENTE? Either that or you just fancy noone.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Really Liked him, was fantastic whilst he was here. Wish him all the best, hopefully he doesn't do us like Nav's did when we play them at cardiff. Nooney :D

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Is there still footage of him singing Mysterious Girl on you tube?

Noone will gain you "yards" with one of his mazy runs BUT dont expect a decent cross/delivery at the end of it, hope he gets fouled which will enable someone else to get take the free kick!

But what a top bloke. Only recently he saw a palace logo hanging in a car and put his albion training shirt on it and took a photo so for that alone I ish him well.

Definitely this.

BUT, remembering the build-up to the Liverpool FA Cup game last season Craig was absolutely up for it, as a Reds fan. On the day however, it was apparent that he would realistically never be a Liverpool prospective signing (they tonked us 6-1 remember) so to claim he would be able to hack it in the Premiership could be stretching reality beyond it's breaking point.

I'll be sad to see him go, but who knows, if your fee helps us to make a bid for another pacy winger at a knock-down price I reckon we will be the winners, long-term, in this deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here