Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I do still wonder what the CMS/Murray partnership might have been like.
That is no reflection on Barnes I might add as he is doing ok.

Barnes is only doing ok ???
Six goals and 3 assists (including both for CMS vs Leeds) suggests he is doing better than ok to me

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Must admit I thought that CMS was not getting anywhere in the first half because he had no service. Most of our attacks were down the wing whereas CMS was looking for through or diagonal balls from midfield. Things clicked in the second half so must assume the Gus magical half time talk sorted things out.
PS.I'm still gutted at that late equaliser given away by Ankergren and even more fuming at the on pitch lovein between him and Leeds. Scenes like that should be behind closed doors.

I must have missed that, all i saw was a long clearance by Ankergren, it didn't mean they were in any way gifted a goal and it still took a lot for them to score, after all there were forwards, midfielders and defenders and Ankergren between where the ball ended up and the net that could have stopped the attack / goal, it was just unfortunate they scored

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
i have never doubted him but i wasnt very impressed the last few games but last night he was back to his old self . model pro .

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
The people doubting him know f*** all about football

Hands up, I was a doubter last week, I didn't verbalise my doubts until I got pissed pre match amongst mates but no more. Simple hard bloody work DOES get results at this level and he's amazing.
I've got new issues now and the work burden on Bridcutt is my main concern.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Listen, and understand. CMS is out there.

He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And He absolutely will not stop, ever... until Palace are dead.

Haha top posting Muzzman, I'm taking this post to the wider world on Monday. I wonder if dogs bark at him in the street?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Outstanding work from Craig last night. His only problem was that he wasn't getting much service. Give him a pound though and he'll make you one hundred. He really needed those two strikers goals and I expect more of the same will come on Tuesday night.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
CMS = Mustard. That little turn/twist for the 1st goal was quality.

Have him in the stripes anyday ahead of Murray just for his work ethic alone.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Once CMS gets the service he deserve, like the 2nd half against Leeds, he is gonna be pretty much unstoppable, would like to see the scum defenders put him in their pocket now.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
The people doubting him know f*** all about football

Absolutely this. He will be a legend at this club, whether he scores 5 goals this season or 30. Top top player, gives his all every game, love him. His first goal on Friday was Messi-eqsue. If Messi had scored that goal, it would be on SSN all week! :bowdown:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thought his 2nd goal was quallers as well. Looked like a simple tap in at the time but the video on the post match analysis showed what brilliant movement he made to get away from the defender.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
In my opinion, the addition of Vicente made all of the difference. His crossfield runs opened up all kinds of gaps and ended up in CMS getting the service he needs.

We could have had Suarez playing up front in the first half of the Leeds game and still not scored.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Barnes, just okay?

Yes just ok.
Murray on the other hand..... pure quality.
Like I said, would loved to have seen him upfront with CMS.

Barnes will never be able to play a game like Murray did tonight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How long before CMS gets p....d off with the lack of service that he is getting and the fact that he runs around like a maniac and others just offer no support and starts to regret joining us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd like to think that Gus and CMS are sitting down and talking through how it worked at Posh where he had an excellent understanding going on with Boyd and McCann and that we can make minor adjustments needed to bring him more into the game. The guy is quality and once we hit the formula he'll get many more opportunities. Convinced we've got the players to do it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here