Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith - Top Bloke!

Starleyyyy

Sep 1, 2011
I'd just like to express some massive respect to CMS for yesterday. Borrowed someone else's ticket so I was in Row B WSL Block D, right by the dugout. After he'd had a kick about on the pitch at halftime, he wandered back to the bench and had a photo with some kid. Not wanting to miss my chance, I jogged over, but he mouthed 'later' and took his seat on the bench, followed by 45 minutes of we-all-know-what...

Final whistle goes, every single other person gets up from the bench and walks onto the pitch to see the team and stuff, he walks the other way, leans over and waves to me to go and have a picture. I'll admit I thought he would have forgotten or not have bothered. He's certainly got a big fan in me now, if only he can start putting it in the back of the net a bit more frequently haha! Top guy!!!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I'd just like to express some massive respect to CMS for yesterday. Borrowed someone else's ticket so I was in Row B WSL Block D, right by the dugout. After he'd had a kick about on the pitch at halftime, he wandered back to the bench and had a photo with some kid. Not wanting to miss my chance, I jogged over, but he mouthed 'later' and took his seat on the bench, followed by 45 minutes of we-all-know-what...

Final whistle goes, every single other person gets up from the bench and walks onto the pitch to see the team and stuff, he walks the other way, leans over and waves to me to go and have a picture. I'll admit I thought he would have forgotten or not have bothered. He's certainly got a big fan in me now, if only he can start putting it in the back of the net a bit more frequently haha! Top guy!!!

I think I love him!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Agree. At the kids christmas party he was really taking time to chat with the kids and have photos. Great bloke.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm the one he wouldn't RT :(

... just kidding (never asked :p ) top bloke and cares , good to hear all these kind've stories about the lads.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
One of the few players that spends 2 minutes at the end of the game walking around clapping the fans; Top Man.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
:bowdown:

Him and Noone are really becoming the Mr Brighton and Hove Albions in the same ilk as Kupiers etc were. real top blokes.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
met him a few times after matches, and have a few photo's with him, (poss stalker?), always the nicest bloke ever, and every photo he seems to have this really genuine smile. think i might be in love............

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
met him a few times after matches, and have a few photo's with him, (poss stalker?), always the nicest bloke ever, and every photo he seems to have this really genuine smile. think i might be in love............

I said it first :blush:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
10 years ago footballers were called top blokes only when you bumped into them in town and witnessed them down 10 pints. Sign o the times.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A shining example to professional footballers everywhere, well done that man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here