piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
*SPLURT*

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW HAS THIS HAPPENED!!!!!!!!

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Posh's Loss

Jul 4, 2011
Good luck CMS and Brighton God it's like loosing a brother, see you in August gonna be strange watching Craig in stripes but at least there blue

Credit to Poyet and Bloom got their man while others dithered Foxes called him greedy and Hammers couldn't fund the offer they made, hopefully the cash will buy us some decent players so we can make at least a fist of the Championship this time

Craig is a Posh legend look after him

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Good luck CMS and Brighton God it's like loosing a brother, see you in August gonna be strange watching Craig in stripes but at least there blue

Credit to Poyet and Bloom got their man while others dithered Foxes called him greedy and Hammers couldn't fund the offer they made, hopefully the cash will buy us some decent players so we can make at least a fist of the Championship this time

Craig is a Posh legend look after him

Fair play to you Posh. I think he'll enjoy his football down here & will certainly benefit from having Gus as his boss. As you can see, he's already a hero down here & I don't think anybody who saw his performances for your side thought he was anything other than a top quality striker.

I know it's hardly any consolation to you & your supporters - but he's obviously been brilliant for your club & given you his all during his time there. Anyway, best wishes for your forthcoming campaign with us in The Championship & hopefully you'll be able to strengthen your side with the healthy chunk of dosh. :thumbsup:

nicked2101

Jul 4, 2011
Well done to Albion for signing such a quality player. A lot of people talk about "the best player they have seen in a <insert team name here> shirt, but I have to say that in my 30 years as a Posh fan, I have never seen better.

There are players with a better scoring rate (Aaron Mclean), players with more technical ability (George Boyd), and players that can turn a game with a flash of brilliance (Lee Tomlin), but in every one of those areas, CMS is second best. When you put all that together iit really is some package.

The thing that will amaze you most, or at least the thing that us Posh fans love, is that he works so hard for the team. He runs just as fast, and just as often, in the last minute as he does in the first. I can honestly say that I have never seen a player who plays quite like him at ANY level - better players for sure, but none with his style.

He will be a fans favourite very, very quickly. Look after him, and have a great season.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
originally posted by piersa

BBC Sport - Gus Poyet 'warmth' attracts Craig Mackail-Smith

good little thread, but i just cannot understand his thick Scottish accent.

Not sure that CMS has ever lived in Scotland let alone has a thick Scottish accent LOL

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
originally posted by nicked2101

Well done to Albion for signing such a quality player. A lot of people talk about "the best player they have seen in a <insert team name here> shirt, but I have to say that in my 30 years as a Posh fan, I have never seen better.

There are players with a better scoring rate (Aaron Mclean), players with more technical ability (George Boyd), and players that can turn a game with a flash of brilliance (Lee Tomlin), but in every one of those areas, CMS is second best. When you put all that together iit really is some package.

The thing that will amaze you most, or at least the thing that us Posh fans love, is that he works so hard for the team. He runs just as fast, and just as often, in the last minute as he does in the first. I can honestly say that I have never seen a player who plays quite like him at ANY level - better players for sure, but none with his style.

He will be a fans favourite very, very quickly. Look after him, and have a great season.

Thank you for coming on here to post in a friendly way (unlike some others).

I think we all liked what we saw of CMS last season and probably were surprised but delighted, at the end, that he has come to the Albion.

Wishing you good luck for the forthcoming season !

PoshView

Jul 4, 2011
Thanks for the best wishes, and I hope you stay up this time. At the very least, you should be able to use the money to get some decent replacements, especially for your defence, which I think you would admit let you down badly last season. So long as Mr McAnthony doesn't just use the money to pay for the new stand. Out of interest, is it to be for away fans, and will you still get time to do the other end, or does it all have to be done now?

Our ground is now owned by the council, and they are building the new stand, it will include some kind of educational facility, which they have received a grant for and will cover the costs of the new stand.
The plan is to develop the other end and then the main stand, I think they are talking about 5 – 8 years before it’s all done, but I’ll believe it when it happens

I think the new stand can be split into home and away fans depending on the size of the away support.

I think most if not all of the transfer fee will go back into the club, either on new players or running costs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All those who went on about why Gus didn't try harder to keep Murray, well now you know. Murray was never going to be 1st choice
No, indeed he wasn't. I don't see why people here are slagging Murray off - we offered him a contract, but we didn't offer much and he probably realised he was not going to be our first chice striker. Given that we'd shown we weren't that bothered about him, why should he have accepted lower wages than offered elsewhere to stay?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some great comments fromLeicester Fans.

"Brighton have a lot going for them, great new stadium, great place to live, big financial backing, top young manager who no doubt swayed CMS, plus they play great football which CMS will have witnessed last season. They're level with us and WHU as things stand, and he'll probably get more game time.

It's not where I expected him to go but there's people on here with some serious delusions of grandeur.

...now please sign Maynard and Mills Sven. PLEASE!!!"
That's very nice of the Leicester fan, and a little generous IMO. I don't think we're level (next couple of years prospects) with WH or Leicester, but we are building and on the up.

Great signing though CMS is, don't forget just how hard the Championship looks this year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well done to Albion for signing such a quality player.
Damn these posh fans are nice aren't they. I think I might move to Peterborough and support the posh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here