Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies

Part Vole

Ay up Duck
Sep 28, 2009
Staffs Moorlands
Plenty of differing views on this thread. I can see why Micky has signed him though, pace and physical stature count for alot in league 2. He could also could fit nicely into the grand plan at Vale IMO if we could get him for longer. We have two 'flyers' on the wings now so with pace up the middle too it could be quite effective. Here's hoping...

Olliebha

Jan 17, 2010
Brighton
Surely we will sign a decent forth striker now, someone preferably able to partner Dickinson. Hart might leave now and will leave at the end of the season, so I must say good luck to George Barker who I think like Jaime Smith deserves to play a bit more.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I can't see Davies having much of an impact on the wing to be honest. He seems quite clumsy on the ball, pretty much the last thing that you want your wingers to be.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Threads like this make me laugh.

Let's look at some facts.

1) Davies has never scored many goals.
2) Davies' continued missing off some absolute SITTERS last season almost cost us our place in League 1 (along with many other factors, granted).
3) Yes, he has pace and height. But does he do anything with it? Nope.
4) We've already sent him on loan once, and he was supposed to come back full of confidence having scored a few. He didnt.
5) Players who don't score goals need to contribute something to the team. Like Hart (crossing/graft). Does Davies contribute anything? Nope.

In short then, at League 1 level, he's not up to it.
League 2 he might be better off, but (provided Poyet actually brings in some useful players this month) we shouldn't be in that league, and therefore have no use of him.

Where this MYTH of him having bags of potential has come from I don't know. He is shit.

"BARNDOOR DAVIES" is still as accurate as it ever was. I just hope Hans Kraay's Fan Club hasn't forgotten our little wager for REMF at the beginning of the season. I believe it was that Davies would score 15+ goals for us. So far so good....

:clap2:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
i always thought he would be a young OGH, was certainly a trier, made a nuisance of himself, battled hard etc. didn't think his control was that bad, he got in good positions and (at first) wasn't afraid to shoot. he's remembered for his misses but least he got himself in those positions. unfortunately, the abuse he got from our own fans meant it wasn't likely to work out (shameful scenes at MK Dons last season). despite his misses i always felt he might come good (you know, you are meant to support your own players), maybe he will elsewhere.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
i always thought he would be a young OGH, was certainly a trier, made a nuisance of himself, battled hard etc. didn't think his control was that bad, he got in good positions and (at first) wasn't afraid to shoot. he's remembered for his misses but least he got himself in those positions. unfortunately, the abuse he got from our own fans meant it wasn't likely to work out (shameful scenes at MK Dons last season). despite his misses i always felt he might come good (you know, you are meant to support your own players), maybe he will elsewhere.

I think you are right, in general. Things just haven't work out for him here, for many reasons. I personally don't think that he will ever become more than a very average League 1 player. But, with the right club, right manager, and more support from the fans, you never know.

If we really are aiming for the Championship by the time we reach Falmer, I honestly believe that Craig Davies has very litte to contribute in achieving that aim.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think you are right, in general. Things just haven't work out for him here, for many reasons. I personally don't think that he will ever become more than a very average League 1 player. But, with the right club, right manager, and more support from the fans, you never know.

If we really are aiming for the Championship by the time we reach Falmer, I honestly believe that Craig Davies has very litte to contribute in achieving that aim.

Quite a good accurate summing up of his potential and the expectations of him.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

agreed :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Wonder if Bristol Rovers fans though similarly about Zamora before he came here ? and would he have been as big a success if he missed a few early on in his Brighton career and got as much abuse as Davies got

The abuse he got was mainly (I hope) from frustration about our league position last year, but it would have badly afffected Davies. (especially MK Dons - Which was going far too far) At times i felt maybe he was trying too hard to, looking to shoot with alot of power rather than be calm and place it.

If given a run in the first team, and given time by the fans (Idiots calling him barndoor doesn't help) then maybe, he will be the player we hoped for.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just hope Hans Kraay's Fan Club hasn't forgotten our little wager for REMF at the beginning of the season. I believe it was that Davies would score 15+ goals for us. So far so good....

No, I hadn't fogotten.

I'd hoped you had, though :jester:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The lad has potential - for whatever reason, we haven't seen the best of him yet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ha, no chance of that.

No idea what thread it's on though, so can't be sure of the terms of it.

All I know is, I should have made it twenty quid after all! :thumbsup:

That's okay - you don't need to find it to BEAT me with.

£10 down the PAN.

Cheers, Snoopy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here