Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies - Not In Matchday Squad?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Couldn't help but notice that he was completely non existent, have i missed something here? Would have been an ideal replacement for Forster on around 70 mins in my opinion... ???

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
The one time i saw davies play was when he come on as sub against, i cant remember now but he was the best player on the pitch then he went on loan!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The one time i saw davies play was when he come on as sub against, i cant remember now but he was the best player on the pitch then he went on loan!

I dont know which game you are talking about but he came on at Withdean and was the same as usual. A lot of nothing with very little chance of ever scoring a goal.

Why should he have been in the match squad.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I dont know which game you are talking about but he came on at Withdean and was the same as usual. A lot of nothing with very little chance of ever scoring a goal.

Because he offers more than Navarro, Hart, Mcleod. :shrug:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon

Might of been southend but i cant remember, its only my view im no allan hansen on these things!!!:p

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have to name 7 subs and in the current format with Murray, Cox , Virgo Thornhill on the bench it is unlikely that Navarro Hart or McLeod would have got on so Davies would have been after Murray in the pecking order and possibly Hart as RS seems to like him in short bursts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When Hart comes on it is not to score goals but to unsettle the defenders and not allow them time on the ball, a job that he does very effectively for perhaps 10 -15 mins at the end of a game.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I was dissapointed with this once again. Craig is far better than most people give him credit for. Much better than most of our subs, eg Navarro, Cox, McLeod. I think he can make a big impact coming off the bench and thought he was exactly the player we needed to bring on with about 20 minutes to go. I am hoping he gets a run out at Wycombe next week

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I was dissapointed with this once again. Craig is far better than most people give him credit for. Much better than most of our subs, eg Navarro, Cox, McLeod. I think he can make a big impact coming off the bench and thought he was exactly the player we needed to bring on with about 20 minutes to go. I am hoping he gets a run out at Wycombe next week

Ill second that!
We all know how he struggled last year, but he's strong, quick and will work his bollocks off! That game he came on, he looked lively and caused a tiring defence problems as you would expect, he also had one superb touch setting up another player who almost and should have scored!

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008

Murray*

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe Barney has had a falling out with the Bald Guy ?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I sat next to mcleod at bristol rovers and he never looked up from the betting scores on his iphone, not even when we scored. heard him have a few digs at el abd, he is a total wanker. he has no heart and couldn't give a shit about the albion. craig davies at least works bloody hard and gives his all when on the pitch and for that reason alone should be above mcleod on the bench. also at the very least he can do what gary hart does and WITH PACE.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
I sat next to mcleod at bristol rovers and he never looked up from the betting scores on his iphone, not even when we scored. heard him have a few digs at el abd, he is a total wanker. he has no heart and couldn't give a shit about the albion. craig davies at least works bloody hard and gives his all when on the pitch and for that reason alone should be above mcleod on the bench. also at the very least he can do what gary hart does and WITH PACE.

I was at the Rovers game too and was also amazed at Mcleod's lack of interest in the match and the endeavours of his team-mates. Another passionless "waster" IMO.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
According to the Argus Yeovil were raving about Davies, he comes back to us and can't get a game or even a place on the bench.
Slade is obviously a big fan of Hart's commitment and attitude, but Davies was banging them in for the reserves before he went out on loan. That's exactly what Hart did last year to get his place.
Davies has pace, power, niggles at defenders and works hard when he is on the pitch. Not sure why this cant at least get him a place on the bench.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So it was a cross between two strikers who can't score (Hart and Davies) on the bench, and Hart won. Who cares? We didn't even bring on a striker anyway, so what difference does it make.

Binfest.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why was Davies sent back from yeovil a game early? Is he injured?
They couldn't include him in their squad because they had the maximum number of loanees (ahead of Davies).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like Davies - people seem to forget he cost a lot of money and was meant to be our next big thing. Think he needs more of a chance myself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here