Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Jesus. Didn't he get sacked by Cardiff for bullying kids?
Yes I believe he did. Hopefully he's learnt from that. In his autobiography Jamie Carragher said Bellamy was one of the most passionate football people he's ever met and was pleasantly surprised. Clearly the Welsh FA were impressed with him. He also worked with a highly decent man in Vincent Kompany who surely wouldn't have wanted to work with him if he didn't think he had something about him. Perhaps he's learnt from his previous 'old school' ways and is a more modern coach now. Good luck to him I hope he does well.
Jesus. Didn't he get sacked by Cardiff for bullying kids?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I am stunned, stunned that bell ends get given jobs repeatedly in football.

Stunned.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
New Wales coach.

Am I alone in thinking he shouldn’t even be in charge of a pack of crayons?
He was a Big Talker in in the dressing room, and sired his first child at the age of 16. What's not to like?

(Serious answer: depends whether the crayons are edible or not.)

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
New Wales coach.

Am I alone in thinking he shouldn’t even be in charge of a pack of crayons?
Can say that about a lot of people....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprised didn't have to give Giggs the job back given he was innocent.
Hardly a ringing endorsement.

"His trial began on 8 August 2022. The jury of seven women and four men was discharged on 31 August, having been unable to reach a verdict on any of the charges. On 18 July 2023, two weeks before he was due to face a retrial, Giggs was cleared as the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew charges. The prosecutor said that Kate Greville was unwilling to give evidence in the retrial."

It would have been more just if Southampton had given Dave Jones his job back:

"When the case eventually came to court, it was thrown out in its first week, with the judge recording a not guilty verdict and commenting that the case "should have never reached the trial stage". Southampton paid off the remainder of Jones' contract and he left the club. Jones contended that this amounted to unfair dismissal and took the case to industrial tribunal, but Southampton's decision was upheld"
"One of the key alleged victims was later found to have fabricated their claim of abuse in Jones' and other cases brought from Operation Care – the police investigation into child abuse – to win compensation. Jones himself later spoke bitterly of the handling of the case and claimed it was the cause of his father's death, who had died shortly after the allegations became public"

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not funny . My son was mercifully picked on for red hair and has really bad mental health issues and self harming.
I am sorry to hear that. Is he still getting shit now, and suffering?

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I'm actually more shocked Burnley went for Scott Parker??

Might be wrong but didn't Bellamy do an okay job when filling in for Kompany last season? (can't remember why but I'm sure he took over for a few games and they did alright?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here