Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We're not having any, part of the planning permission, games can only be played during daylight hours, to prevent any interference with bats.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Goldstone ones are still in mothballs as they are still trying to find the key to the container, once this has been found the installation will begin behind each corner

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Goldstone ones are still in mothballs as they are still trying to find the key to the container, once this has been found the installation will begin behind each corner

If they still haven't found them by mid March they are gonna use the Withdean ones. This club has a Plan B in place for everything these days.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sorry, but is that true about the bats,i haven't heard it before but it is just the kind of ridiculous bollox one has come to expect from local administrators.???????

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
sorry, but is that true about the bats,i haven't heard it before but it is just the kind of ridiculous bollox one has come to expect from local administrators.???????

Fraid so fella, evening games are to be played at Withdean. News was on the website

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Planning application was approved on the proviso that there were no floodlights.
The light would blind the bats and lead to bat/vehicle collisions.

Easy 10 has all the relevant info.

The bats will all be collected up prior to each game and kept in a shed, being released after the crowds have gone. The car park is configured such that car headlights may be used to illuminate the pitch with the AA on standby to deal with all the flat batteries after the game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let's be honest though, he didn't say when are the floodlight 'pylons' going to be erected, just the floodlights which of course everyground has.

Personally, the modern lights around the roof are not as welcoming as when you drive to an away game and you can see the pylons in the distance and you know you're almost there.

You lot are just on a wind up. You know they are using nocturnal solar arrays to light the 4,500,000 LEDS that will be used

No they're not. Next season we are going be sponsored by Freeplay and as part of the deal, spectators will be offered the opportunity to wind up the floodlights, which will be totally rechargable, in the hour before the game starts.

this is designed to replacce the litter patrols at Witdean, and will be known as the Falmer Flickering.

if you've been to a presentation you will have seen the an example of the new floodlights and the new "Glo-Ball" that we will be using and the shirts that will incorporate blue and white flourescent stripes
light-up-football.jpg

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Let's be honest though, he didn't say when are the floodlight 'pylons' going to be erected, just the floodlights which of course everyground has.

Personally, the modern lights around the roof are not as welcoming as when you drive to an away game and you can see the pylons in the distance and you know you're almost there.

Ah now you are talking nostalga. I remember in the days before Sat Navs when I went with my dad to Brighton away games the best way to find the away ground was to head towards the pylons like a moth to a lightbulb. Those were the days, oh and then you used to stand in pools of piss whilst you peed against a wall!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Basically my understanding is that those who are lucky enough to have parking spaces have to park facing the stadium and leave their lights on full beam. This should give just enough light.

I remember in the days before Sat Navs when I went with my dad to Brighton away games the best way to find the away ground was to head towards the pylons like a moth to a lightbulb. Those were the days,

And how many times did you end up at an anonymous set of railway sidings? Mind you, the sidings/sheds at Sehurst are more attractive than the football "stadium".

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Whooooosh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here