Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPRE recommending Sheepcote Valley?

The title of this thread is misleading.

"CPRE recommending Sheepcote Valley?"

Recommending to who? As part of what process?

The search for the right site has been completed. The options are no longer:- Falmer or Somewhere else.

The options are:- A new stadium at Falmer or No new stadium anywhere.

That's the only issue that will be considered by Ruth Kelly when the case is referred back to her.

Winning a PR battle at this stage in the struggle isn't the most important of issues, in my opinion.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have been absolute pussies with this LDC must be laughing their heads off, I suggest direct action in Lewes a long time ago but he was decided we would continue to write letters.

There lies and scare mongering has wiped the floor with us. We are dying without a fight imho.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Spielberg said:
There lies and scare mongering has wiped the floor with us. We are dying without a fight imho.

The collective majority of the city of Brighton and Hove telling them to f*** off rather than a few thousand of us is what it needs.

I guess thats why in my ignorance I didnt realise just how important a MASSIVE crowd is needed for the march.

If we can win every game till then it wouldnt suprise me if it adds a good few thousand to the numbers, if ever there was demonstration of how the product on the park is just as vital as the campaign then there it is.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jesus Gul said:
What's happening to Grimsby's new stadium development SOG?

Is that on hold too. Was going to be at Scartho?
Grimsby Town's new stadium is to be sited alongside the A180 at Great Coates. The nimbys of Great Coates village are in the early stages of unrest. Letters in the local newspaper are highlighting the traffic congestion, invasion by football thugs, destruction of green belt land and the train station being overrun on match days. The plan for a 20,000 seat community stadium with retail and food outlets however may never be built if Grimsby end up in the Conference, but if it is will be called the Conoco Philips stadium. I believe that if planning permission is given the go ahead the villagers along with various environmental groups will call for a Government Inquiry.I have written 3 letters to the Grimsby Telegraph highlighting innacuracies made by villagers in their attempt to sway public opinion which bear similarities to Falmer , for example the loss of countryside views , in reality the stadium will just be off the A180(M) , the other side of this road is Europarc (food factories/business park) and in the distance the fish processing factories and smell of Pyewipe in one direction and in the other the chemical/oil refineries on the South Bank. The open land at Scartho Top next to Nunsthorpe is slowly being built on with the newish estate expected to double in size over the next few years.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Lord Bracknell said:
The title of this thread is misleading.

"CPRE recommending Sheepcote Valley?"

Recommending to who? As part of what process?

I deliberately put the question mark at the end, in order for it to read as 'Are the CPRE recommending SV?', or 'Could the CPRE be...', in other words that there is a possibility that they might be.

I didn't intend for it to sound like they definitely were recommending SV!

You've got to use a thread title to provoke some response!!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Is Brian Huxford still involved at Grimsby ?

He gave me my first job boss after uni, a true gent and an excellent bloke to work for.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
A 5 bed Victorian property overlooking Peoples Park in the central Grimsby - 215,000 quid

same sized house up Surrenden Road - 600k+

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rougvie said:
Is Brian Huxford still involved at Grimsby ?

He gave me my first job boss after uni, a true gent and an excellent bloke to work for.
He was vice chairman at Grimsby until mid 2001 when he attempted a takeover which was unsuccessful and as a consequence resigned from the board. Dont know what happened after that though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jesus Gul said:
A 5 bed Victorian property overlooking Peoples Park in the central Grimsby - 215,000 quid

same sized house up Surrenden Road - 600k+
I have a 3 year old , 4 bed detached house with separate double garage which only has a value of £200,000 which in Brighton will buy you a 3 bed ex council house if you're lucky.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Selly Oak Seagull said:
I deliberately put the question mark at the end, in order for it to read as 'Are the CPRE recommending SV?', or 'Could the CPRE be...', in other words that there is a possibility that they might be.

I didn't intend for it to sound like they definitely were recommending SV!

You've got to use a thread title to provoke some response!!
The CPRE are the sort of people who would recommend an alternative site to Falmer even though Sheepcote Valley has been ruled out twice. Sheepcote Valley is a brownfield site as the rubbish tip used to be there. The general public are likely to believe whatever the CPRE has to say as it sounds a credible organisation. They are trying to give out the impression that Falmer is surrounded on all sides by wonderful countryside and other locations should be reconsidered.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think this should be raised by the Seagulls party at national level. They are basically saying that they think it is better to jam up the centre of Brighton on match days, which will ultimately lead to higher pollution levels and not forgetting the fact that that Sheepcote valley is full of methane from the old rubbish tip.

This could actually work in our favour as it would be an ecological disaster for the south of England if the stadium was built at Sheepcote Valley...but then the 2nd PE said that aswell!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Lord Bracknell said:

......The options are:- A new stadium at Falmer or No new stadium anywhere.

That's the only issue that will be considered by Ruth Kelly when the case is referred back to her......

If she's still there. Which, based on this weeks shenanigans, I very much doubt!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here