Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPRE recommending Sheepcote Valley?

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Had this correspondence with CPRE.

I know it's not exactly 'new news', and apologies if this view of theirs has been posted elsewhere, but I thought people might like to read it! I expect the Friends of Sheepcote Valley will be interested...

Sent: 30 August 2006 16:04
To: CPRE National Office
Subject: Falmer - BHAFC stadium

From the Press Release today -

"Other possible sites for
the new stadium, that will not have adverse impacts on the designated landscape,
should now be considered."

Please could you briefly list these sites for me?

Many thanks,

Thank you for your message in response to our publication of a list of threats to nationally protected landscapes.

In reply to the point you make, CPRE makes the following observations:

All the alternative sites which were considered in the first and second stadium inquiry should be considered again. This is partly because all the alternative sites were rejected without analysis of their individual circumstances. Sheepcote valley, in particular, should be reconsidered carefully.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Selly Oak Seagull said:
All the alternative sites which were considered in the first and second stadium inquiry should be considered again. This is partly because all the alternative sites were rejected without analysis of their individual circumstances. Sheepcote valley, in particular, should be reconsidered carefully.

Thats simply not true. Thats was the reason for re-opening the enquiry, to eliminate the other possible sites. Done and dusted.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not even gonna bother with a proper reply

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f***ing stupid f***ing idiots. how about f*** off and do something useful with your time you cu *ts , your a long time dead you pricks and i hope you are really f***ing chuffed that you have used your time on earth being absolute f u king num skulls

:angry:

that is all

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so we are winning the battle for hearts and minds then

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dies Irae said:

How VERY dare you :jester:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Selly Oak Seagull said:
All the alternative sites which were considered in the first and second stadium inquiry should be considered again.

Oh so yet another inquiry, because they are always quick and cheap and it's not like the first two have covered any of the relevant subject matter already :rolleyes:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The longer this drags on the more sceptical I am we will ever get Falmer.

After the recent press in The Metro in London half of my office, who know nothing about whats happened to date started asking me why we are trying to build on AONB land.

We have lost the PR battle BIG time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dies Irae said:

Ask the average "Joe" and they still think we are going to concrete over the pond, demolish the village and put a stadium there...

Yoda

English & European
Albion Dan said:

After the recent press in The Metro in London half of my office, who know nothing about whats happened to date started asking me why we are trying to build on AONB land.

It's about time the club came out guns blazing and release something in the press showing how LDC & NIMBY's are LYING about the site's location and their doctored/false pictures.

Not just a little bit on the radio, but papers & TV as well.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Ask the average "Joe" and they still think we are going to concrete over the pond, demolish the village and put a stadium there...

When we used to collect signatures at the clock tower on a Friday afternoon for the petition it was amazing how many ordinary Brighton folk didnt realise just exactly what was going on, couple of minutes and they were 90% on our side.

Its all very well making arty, clever slogans and campaigns in Lewes, but havent we not forgotten about the PR battle that still need to be fought convincing residents of the City to get behind us ?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Dougal said:
f***ing stupid f***ing idiots. how about f*** off and do something useful with your time you cu *ts , your a long time dead you pricks and i hope you are really f***ing chuffed that you have used your time on earth being absolute f u king num skulls

:angry:

that is all

I do wish you wouldnt sit on the fence with your comments, you really must say it like it is !!! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

(Oh and :clap: :clap: :clap: to your comments)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

for all the hand wringing and eyebrow raising by Ed, Alan etc, by the constant stream of letters hitting the Argus, it is blatantly obvious that the good people of this area are of that opinion.

Yes ok, we can still hark on about a referrendum result what was it 5 years ago? But due to the posturing of various organisations ( including unfortunately the Government on this) most people I talk to have lost all feeling for Brighton aned quite frankly dont give a monkeys. Its gone on too long, there is no guarantee that if the court sends the ruling back to the government, that it is one of their priorities and they will redraft the decision speedily, and therefore there is no firm date when the bulldozers will move in that people can say to these ex albion fans ....in xyz the stadium will be ready.

Before you start slating me on here, my next door neighbour was an executive club member and put money into the club in the 70/80/90's and now he has lost all faith and is not interesting. The problem is most of his mates who also were/are sucessful "local business men" and put a lot of time and money into the club have also given up.

That is the reality out there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
CPRE = Complete Prats Ruin Everything

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
What's happening to Grimsby's new stadium development SOG?

Is that on hold too. Was going to be at Scartho?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
All those in favour of having an inquiry into whether we need another inquiry say AYE.

What,nobody?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I sometimes think there is a great deal of naivety too.

Any development that is being built anywhere near a green belt area with population is always going to be difficult to gain permission whether or not its a football stadium or a retail park, battles are being fought in every county in England, we are not as unique as we think.

Personally ive always thought that if the finance is in place as a result of what is happening on the pitch we will one day play at Falmer, but the fight has to go on, not sure if the hatred towards LDC will get us anywhere, the real issue for residents in LDC is not the Stadium itself, but the impact on future council tax bills, most are neither yay or neigh on the structure itself, bit like Brighton residents, not sure where we have gone wrong in the PR battle ?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Albion Dan said:

The big problem with this is, that 'MORE LABOUR SLEAZE - Two Jags takes hospitality from football club, then from a business croney, in exchange for permission to build in rural paradise' is a more appealling headline than 'Lower League Football Club dying in sea of red tape and mis-information', to every newspaper in the land.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here