Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cox today...

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
That's more like it Tiny! :clap2:

I think he deserves plaudits after a long time out of the starting XI.

Hungry for the ball, chased everything down, passed well, good in posession, crossed well and a great finish for the goal!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Definitely. Even before the goal he was TOP NOTCH.

Shame he's not like it more often.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Remember that he is still playing out of position. He didn't really hot form last season until he was on the right or in the hole.

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
cox

Cox was really up for it, but then so were the entire team. In those conditions the team as well as the management deserve a lot of credit. Well done to the club for bringing in Fleetwood, think he will be a very good addition. Keep going Brighton, we're capable of putting a run together now.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Cox was really up for it, but then so were the entire team.

I agree entirely.

However, I just feel that Cox is one of players who gets the hardest time from our supporters. Not just on NSC, but in the stands as well.

Today he proved what he is capable of, and I for one want to see more of it!

I'm not his biggest fan, in fact many times I wished he'd be moved on but today I have to say well done to him. More of the same on a regular basis please.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
He does it when he's been dropped though. When Cox has had long spells of being shit for us it's always been when he's been picked regardless of form or fitness, usually by Wilkins. Micky doesn't seem to tolerate that - note how many times he's been left out this season must be more than the previous two years combined! I think that's what Cox needs. He needs to know that if he doesn't perform he's OUT. Under Wilkins there was no chance of that, he just coasted along putting in mediocre performances, but with a bit of PRESSURE on he might string some quality games together.

:clap:

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I thought he did well today, worked hard and you can't ask anymore than that.
I do however think we need a left footed player on the left side - and whilst Mcleod isn't fit I think it should be Johnson. He's got a sweet left foot, cracked a low cross in at the end of the first half - thats something Cox can't do.
It would open up a gap in the middle imo for Livermore who I think is a real quality player but maybe him and Thomson don't work well together.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's hard to moan after the last two games, but I still think Cox and Thornton could be better if they swapped sides. We'd surely have a bit more WIDTH if that happened.
Agreed. Cox played really really well today but his crossing wasn't the main part of it, he crosses better from the right AND can still do all the great things he did today. Thornton, if he has a foot that is weaker I'm yet to notice it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think Cox is playing better now, simply because Mickey Adams has dropped his "get it in the box as soon as possible" game plan. It never suited Cox's style. He needs that bit more time on the ball, and the opportunity to go with the ball more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here