Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cox & Elphick inconsistencies

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Will these 2 local guys still be regulars next season. Not so sure, Cox on the fringes now with probably no look in with Bennett and managers favourite Aaron. Elphick mistake prone and probably needs a rest. Not matured yet so still time to improve .... was his head turned by the alledged interset of Wolves and a potenial £750k bid in the summer. Lacks pace and distribution is not great. Like both as always want to see local lads do well, but ....

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I have been critical of Cox in the past but have to say we have looked better when he has been on the pitch, particularly at Withdean.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Elphick has got his flaws, but f*** me him and Tunny can win the ball in the air. No excuses for those TWO errors though. Give me Virgs and Tunny (our best pairing at the moment) and put Elphick on the bench. Don't discard him though. He's not a donkey. He's made some f***ing awesome challanges before, last ditch, bottom of the ninth ones, and look at our POTS last season, Whing isn't the best technical defender we have, but his spirit carried him on to POTS award. I definatly rate Tunny over Elphick though.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I don't mind Cox. Even when he's playing badly he's always involved and I like that. He could be more consistent but at least he can make something happen, which is more than can be said for a lot of our players.

Elphick, as I've been saying for two years, is a f***ing liability though. Never before have I seen such a donkey so highly rated by many. No pace, no skill, no reading of the game, just nothing. I struggle to see what he actually has got, apart from a bit of spirit. He was totally embarrassed against Southend and then, instead of making an effort to not allow that same thing to happen again, yesterday MK Dons TWICE almost scored identical goals to Southend's winner because of this talentless lump. He's another one the superfans won't want to discard because he's young and from Brighton, but we need to face up to facts and admit we're playing a league two player in our defence every week. OUT OUT OUT.

The competition might help Dean Cox. He lacks the quality of Bennett but is a feisty player who can unsettle teams more than Arron Davies.

Harsh comments about Tommy Elphick. But Tunnicliffe is a quality prospect who could play eventually in the Premiership and is now our best central defender.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But Tunnicliffe is a quality prospect who could play eventually in the Premiership and is now our best central defender.

That is open to debate as I think that he still has a lot to learn and makes 2 or 3 serious errors of judgement in a game, fortunately we have not been punished for it much, as yet. Still think that he is a terrific prospect but nowhere near the finished article

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Russell doesn't rate Cox and neither do I. He pulls off one or two tricks a season, but so does Jake Robinson, and look where he is now! Cox will not improve as a player and hopefully will be released.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
When are we going to get over he whole slagging players off on the Internet thing? It can't do them any good!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He pulls off one or two tricks a season
Yeah... his main trick is setting up half the goals we score. :lol:

I really can't get my head round the criticism Cox gets, I genuinely don't what people want from Brighton players if they aren't happy with what he does.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I don't mind Cox. Even when he's playing badly he's always involved and I like that. He could be more consistent but at least he can make something happen, which is more than can be said for a lot of our players.

Elphick, as I've been saying for two years, is a f***ing liability though. Never before have I seen such a donkey so highly rated by many. No pace, no skill, no reading of the game, just nothing. I struggle to see what he actually has got, apart from a bit of spirit. He was totally embarrassed against Southend and then, instead of making an effort to not allow that same thing to happen again, yesterday MK Dons TWICE almost scored identical goals to Southend's winner because of this talentless lump. He's another one the superfans won't want to discard because he's young and from Brighton, but we need to face up to facts and admit we're playing a league two player in our defence every week. OUT OUT OUT.

Kuipers is a liability sometimes too. I don't hear you saying that though, get your dick out his arse.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Most people said Cox was crap last season. Go back and watch the DVDs and count how many goals Cox set up or even scored. Frustrating at times but over the course of the season he is very productive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here