Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowboy Builders

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
When I was a young lad ... many... many... years ago we used to play cowboys and indians ... the cowboys were always the good guys. How is it that the name Cowboy builders has been applied in modern society ?

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
After this ground breaking thread I might have to spend the rest of the afternoon reading through your other posts. :D

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Weren't cowboys only the good guys because "they looked like we did" whereas they were really the bad guys being the offspring of the invaders

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
good question! im a roofer and ive seen some right dodgy things in my time.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Cow - boy has always been a bit of a contradiction in terms,a bit lady- manish,and has been exchanged for cowperson by the powers that be in Europe.

A cowperson builder ties the horse up outside the edifice to be constructed,bodges it,then hits the trail.

Or so I've herd.

Last edited:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
The cowboys were always the good guys?
No they wern't they were usaully the lot that turned up at the last moment, thought they owned the place, drunk all the pop and ate all the BBQ, nicked all the bikes, turfed everyone else out the park and started playing bloody rounders!

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I see your Cowboy, and Builder, and raise you a Policeman, a Red Indian, a Soldier and a Biker

Village-People.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
When I was a young lad ... many... many... years ago we used to play cowboys and indians ... the cowboys were always the good guys. How is it that the name Cowboy builders has been applied in modern society ?

Depended on your perception whether they were the good guys or not. They represented the invaders, landing on American soil and chasing the natives away for their own good.

I guess teh connection with "Cowboy Builders" is that it's your house, you are quite happy, then this builder shows up, and leaves your home(land) desecrated, destroyed, and you wish it could have gone back to how it was before they showed up in town. You are simply playing the role of the Red Indian in this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here