Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
While I don't condone those idiots going on a maskless shopping trip, there will have to come a point where we either trust the vaccine or we don't. That might not be right now but it will come soon and people are going to have to stop being scared and get back to normal life.
From what I've seen in my area of W. Sussex, nothing has changed since Monday. Still the same amount of people gathering outside. Open Up is coming. On the 12th pub gardens open, gyms open, barbers open. If the vaccine holds, and there is no reason it shouldn't. there won't be another wave or lockdown. Life is returning to normal. Embrace it.
I would say a load of maskless knobbers trying to prove a point and putting others at risk of likely to stop life returning to normal

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Swansea is certainly blessed with more than it’s fair share of Covididiots. 500 people missing their jab appointment yesterday FFS!

How many of those jabs ended up in the bin?

Makes my covid-antibodyless blood boil!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56575733

I have long advocated that these selfish ******** who book their jab and then don't show up should be fined a minimum of a grand and get stuck back to the bottom of the list. Only "out" is if you have a letter from your GP indicating you were unfit to attend.

I had my jab at Brighton Centre a few weeks ago. The organisation was bloody brilliant bearing in mind the numbers they were dealing with. Staff (mostly volunteers) were excellent.

It is totally disrespectful to the NHS staff and volunteers to book then not show up. Such behaviour should not go unpunished.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
We are lucky enough to live right on the coast and our blue flag beaches are beautiful.

This morning after yesterday's heatwave the beaches are once again empty of tourists and day trippers to be replaced by locals picking up the endless sea of litter from the last two days invasion .

I'm not sure what goes through a adult human being to think to themselves it's perfectly fine to leave their waste on the very beach where they've just spent a lovely day , some humans are just incredibly stupid or ignorant it's just sickening seeing all the rubbish blowing along the beaches .

By this evening the locals will have bagged what they could up and the council will pick it all up ready for the next warm days arrival of dim-witted fly tippers .

Rant over , thank you .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We are lucky enough to live right on the coast and our blue flag beaches are beautiful.

This morning after yesterday's heatwave the beaches are once again empty of tourists and day trippers to be replaced by locals picking up the endless sea of litter from the last two days invasion .

I'm not sure what goes through a adult human being to think to themselves it's perfectly fine to leave their waste on the very beach where they've just spent a lovely day , some humans are just incredibly stupid or ignorant it's just sickening seeing all the rubbish blowing along the beaches .

By this evening the locals will have bagged what they could up and the council will pick it all up ready for the next warm days arrival of dim-witted fly tippers .

Rant over , thank you .
Simply laziness, lack of manors, bad parenting my kids have been taught to either use a bin or bring their rubbish home.

I always dispose of my pie bag etc in a bin at the Amex plenty are provided. No excuse to drop your shit at your seat and leave it for someone else to clean.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Absolutely sickening, and this is the problem, you give people an inch and they take a mile. These priveliges have been given back to people, they are the maximum you can do and the advice is still to travel as little as is absolutely possible. Awaiting the increase in covid positives within a fortnight.

:facepalm:

That queue appeared fairly well restrained and spaced. I can't see any problem, except for questionable decision-making in thinking it was worth an hour of queuing to go to primark.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely sickening, and this is the problem, you give people an inch and they take a mile. These priveliges have been given back to people, they are the maximum you can do and the advice is still to travel as little as is absolutely possible. Awaiting the increase in covid positives within a fortnight.

Other than the ludicrousness of queuing for Primark, they aren't doing much wrong, they are outside and are perfectly within their rights to go shopping now. Generally its been pretty quiet out today - had a wander around Croydon on my break earlier and not much different in the shopping area to how things were a few weeks back. Very much doubt this stage in opening up will make any great difference to the figures.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That queue appeared fairly well restrained and spaced. I can't see any problem, except for questionable decision-making in thinking it was worth an hour of queuing to go to primark.

If it's anything like the supermarkets I bet it was a free for all inside. Definitely some people in that queue not in the same bubble either. Where were the police??

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If it's anything like the supermarkets I bet it was a free for all inside. Definitely some people in that queue not in the same bubble either. Where were the police??

Personally, I have not broken the rules in lockdown and have sometimes been angered by those that have. However the police should only intervene if there is an actual problem, not a fear of a problem. They also can't police every shop and shop queue in the country. The British people have imo shown extraordinary restraint and mass observance of the rules, some will certainly flout those but the majority would not want to see heavy-handed policing, especially when there is so little covid about, it is not the British way. Looking back at the queue, there were no large groups I could observe so it was perfectly feasible for a large majority of them to be from the same household or bubble.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

queue ok spaced + outside so no risk

cases ok now old + vulnerable vaccinated

carry on

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not overly bothered about much of a Covid risk given they are obviously limiting numbers in the shop, the queue is outside in the fresh air and seems pretty well socially distanced, but why on earth are so many people desperate to go shopping ?

Up to them...what some people see as a social event and to be enjoyed others detest and can’t understand......thank heavens we have that ‘privilege’ as someone posted...comes to something when popping to the shops is spoken about in such terms (not you Dazz)

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not overly bothered about much of a Covid risk given they are obviously limiting numbers in the shop, the queue is outside in the fresh air and seems pretty well socially distanced, but why on earth are so many people desperate to go shopping ?

The Primark Brighton queuers were interviewed on the SE segment of BBC Breakfast today. They just said that love shopping and want to see what new clothing lines are out (Primark don’t do online).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here