Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Well, thanks to ineffective goverment control of it's people and it's borders, the Covidiots have resulted in the UK passing 100,000 deaths today.

Thanks to many of our fellow humans we have failed miserably to keep this virus at bay when we could and should have :angry:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Also, I get bleeding annoyed when officials roll out the same plaintiffs about how sorry they are, yet do absolutely next to sod all to help stop the Covidiots carrying on spreading the virus :censored::censored:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Also, I get bleeding annoyed when officials roll out the same plaintiffs about how sorry they are, yet do absolutely next to sod all to help stop the Covidiots carrying on spreading the virus :censored::censored:

How do you stop them?. Fines are applied and there's uproar, holidays cancelled again uproar and if we had gone the Chinese route there would've been civil war. It's a no win situation for any government

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
How do you stop them?. Fines are applied and there's uproar, holidays cancelled again uproar and if we had gone the Chinese route there would've been civil war. It's a no win situation for any government

Yup just look at the coverage given to those two women from Derby. People were more interested in their right to be treated fairly than in supporting the police to cut down on unnecessary journeys. Too many people in this country only care about rights and have little interest in responsibilities.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Parent Covidiots (once again);

Headteacher threatens to remove children from school if parents break lockdown

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metr...chool-if-parents-break-lockdown-13965338/amp/

So teaching staff risk their own safety by going into school and yet these parents neither appreciate nor care about those risks.

Mrs Hut works in a Primary School, the tales coming from the kids about what happens after school and weekends in relation to following Covid rules is horrendous.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My wife's colleague, a medical practicioner in an NHS hospital and normally by the book, prim person, secretly had their 75 year old mother in law staying over the entire Xmas period. With the "Well, we've been ever so careful throughout 2020, it's only right that the kids to get to spend Xmas with dear Granny, life's too short".

They all caught Coronavirus and the 75 year old has spent January fighting for her life on a ventilator.

I hope granny pulls through. Imagine having that on your conscience.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course, Covidiots love a get out of jail free card. Much easier to blame the Government than take personal responsibility. Perhaps we should all do the same then ? To hell with thinking of others and the NHS. I’m sorry but this pandemic has exposed serial selfishness in many Westerners and willing apologists just encourage this attitude.

Oh yes, I agree to a point. There will always be selfish people who will get away with what they’re allowed to get away with. However, those that allow them to get away with it must also shoulder blame.
And therein lies the problem with a Libertarian PM. He believes people should do what they like and suffer the consequences of it goes wrong. Not a great belief for a leader to cling to in a Pandemic.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Oh yes, I agree to a point. There will always be selfish people who will get away with what they’re allowed to get away with. However, those that allow them to get away with it must also shoulder blame.
And therein lies the problem with a Libertarian PM. He believes people should do what they like and suffer the consequences of it goes wrong. Not a great belief for a leader to cling to in a Pandemic.

Agreed

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Went into Wickes today, two Asian fellas walking around with their masks around their necks. As I left a young black man entered with no mask, I thought to myself arent they supposed to be the most at risk ffs!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Disagree. Lockdowns have been much stricter in France (and they'll set fire to a lorry load of sheep at the drop of a beret) and been better observed. I've heard of people being stopped by Le Dibble on the way home from the supermarket (a journey that they had to register before going) and bollocked for going back a longer way.
If the rules had been strict but clear from the beginning they might have been followed better. Johnson's problem is that he wants to be popular; he should have accepted at the very start that this pandemic could do for him, politically in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" way and acted in the best interest of the people.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disagree. Lockdowns have been much stricter in France (and they'll set fire to a lorry load of sheep at the drop of a beret) and been better observed. I've heard of people being stopped by Le Dibble on the way home from the supermarket (a journey that they had to register before going) and bollocked for going back a longer way.
If the rules had been strict but clear from the beginning they might have been followed better. Johnson's problem is that he wants to be popular; he should have accepted at the very start that this pandemic could do for him, politically in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" way and acted in the best interest of the people.

Yet 74,000 deaths in France, 86,000 in Italy (lower pop’n than the UK). Countries praised in the UK for curfews and the military enforcing lockdowns. Italy went for months with a doctor’s letter being required to leave your home. The nationals don’t consider it a success, Macron has the lowest popularity ratings, regional governments oppose him over closed businesses, 55% of French people say they’ll refuse a vaccination as they don’t trust the government.

New Zealand, loved in our media this week, 25 deaths.

Should we really look to France as the example to follow?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Even if they were stricter from the start there would have been endless bellyaching and marches against the draconian measures. Most of the 10k fines have been rescinded which sets the precedent. Can you imagine road blocks being set up, I can't

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
These type of traits show exactly why quite a lot of Shoreham people are so totally and utterly anal these days.

East Street is not that for a start as there are shops, a barber, charity shops and restaurants which many more people just than lycra clans can enjoy.

Thanks cock juggler, I'm fine with it in normal times, its better than its ever been, but not in the middle of a pandemic. People are just shit.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Civil war? Ha . . .if Brits gave tht much of a shit we wouldn't be in this mess, far too lazy and selfish for that.

Jan 30, 2008
Went into Wickes today, two Asian fellas walking around with their masks around their necks. As I left a young black man entered with no mask, I thought to myself arent they supposed to be the most at risk ffs!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Yes, and according to a tv programme this evening more likely to refuse a vaccine injection :nono:
Regards
DF

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks cock juggler, I'm fine with it in normal times, its better than its ever been, but not in the middle of a pandemic. People are just shit.

In normal times there would be more people out as shops open and events like Farmers and Artisans markets happening.

The only problem areas in Shoreham in the current pandemic are the coffee van near Ricardos where loads gather and the newly formed Coronation Green Social Club.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yet 74,000 deaths in France, 86,000 in Italy (lower pop’n than the UK). Countries praised in the UK for curfews and the military enforcing lockdowns. Italy went for months with a doctor’s letter being required to leave your home. The nationals don’t consider it a success, Macron has the lowest popularity ratings, regional governments oppose him over closed businesses, 55% of French people say they’ll refuse a vaccination as they don’t trust the government.

New Zealand, loved in our media this week, 25 deaths.

Should we really look to France as the example to follow?

Yep, fair point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really? I hadn't noticed, only been here 45 years. :ffsparr:

Thanks for that it confirms I have quite a wait to become an inane Shoreham snob

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here