Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid Passports *may* allow return to full Premier League crowds

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope it’s a blue passport, I was well pissed to get a red British Passport a year ago just before blue passports came out, don’t want a second disappointment :wink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don’t think that’s the same. Repeated McDonalds offenders are endangering only themselves. It’s a purely financial argument. Vaccine refusers during a pandemic are risking the health of others. Such a policy would be prioritizing society over the individual.

I don’t agree …if you take those ‘offenders’ as you call them..and I’m sure the posters talking about obesity here ..they possibly be a drain on NHS resources and that possibly leads to others being denied treatment..and there are numerous other situations which I personally wouldn’t want to go along with denying treatment to someone not vaxed

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
have to say again how stupid and contradictory the concept of a vaccine passport is. if near everyone is vaccinated you dont need to be concerned about who is or isnt vaccinated, because the risks are so low. its the point of vaccination. then you have to manage a system to cover all those exempt for good reason, dont have a suitable smartphone etc. and then consdier what message it sends out, that the risks are still high. encourage people to return to normal, then prevent behaving normally. :facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
have to say again how stupid and contradictory the concept of a vaccine passport is. if near everyone is vaccinated you dont need to be concerned about who is or isnt vaccinated, because the risks are so low. its the point of vaccination. then you have to manage a system to cover all those exempt for good reason, dont have a suitable smartphone etc. and then consdier what message it sends out, that the risks are still high. encourage people to return to normal, then prevent behaving normally. :facepalm:

In the UK, it's carrot and stick, innit. If you're too selfish to get vaccinated because it's the right thing to do then maybe the thought of missing a couple of years' worth of additional gigs and sport might concentrate your mind.

However, this is a global pandemic. By no means will nearly everyone be vaccinated in every country for probably a number of years.

Getting back to the Albion is one thing and it'll be nice, but travelling to meet my new team in Bucharest, weekend breaks, summer holidays maybe even a European football trip? Yes please.

I'm honestly torn on vaccine passports domestically for a number of reasons but they absolutely should be part of your right to travel abroad.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Reading the reviews of the NHS app on Playstore, it only has a rating of 2.8 and there are far too many 1 star reviews where the app just doesn't work or fails over after registering that in its current state I would suggest that it's a non starter for football.
I would image that for a game at the Amex with 32,000 attending the app probably won't work for about 10,000 and when attending it probably would give access to the vaccine certificate at the gates for another 5,000 or so.

It just seems to be another Government approach where the digital solution is thought to be best but it is poorly built released before bugs are resolved, despite feedback next to nothing is fixed.

If this idea goes ahead without substantial improvements I can see PBs inbox being full up with emails seeking details on how can I attend given the app doesn't work.

I think the vaccination section will probably be usable for most people. It's the integration with GPs that's much more complex and a lot of those options don't work. As you can't even get one Trust to communicate with another electronically when you need things like test results passed on, it's hardly surprising. I love the NHS ... once you get past the admin..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was a big problem at Wembley where people couldn't get mobile signal to log in to the app. Some of our lot had screenshot it which seemed OK, but depends on security I guess. And really it is down to stewards, how officious will some of them be ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It was a big problem at Wembley where people couldn't get mobile signal to log in to the app. Some of our lot had screenshot it which seemed OK, but depends on security I guess. And really it is down to stewards, how officious will some of them be ?

I would assume its not an issue for season ticket holders - you would send off proof at some point and that's you done for the season - potentially away games - thats it for life - I guess you could do with members as well.

What would be a bit more difficult is game by game buyers, but if you managed it correctly you would only need to send in proof with first purchase and its added to the database?

There would have to be massive fines/penalties if you didnt follow ticket swaps process.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I decided to take my phone for a swim at the weekend, needless to say its ****ed now. Annoyingly it had my second jab reference code on it (screenshot) There doesn't seem to be any info online about retrieving the code to manage booking (bring forward) my second jab. WTF?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I decided to take my phone for a swim at the weekend, needless to say its ****ed now. Annoyingly it had my second jab reference code on it (screenshot) There doesn't seem to be any info online about retrieving the code to manage booking (bring forward) my second jab. WTF?

You shouldn't need the code - just your NHS number.

Cancel the original booking and rebook.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

If uou download the NHS app, not the NHS Covid app, you can get all your personal details including you jab details.
Its a bit long winded, you need you passport or proof of identity etc, but you end up with all NHS records and all your Covid details

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well as you can still contract and spread the virus after being vaccinated, no you are not.

as the vaccine reduces amount of virus, weakens it, decreases spread, yes we are.

there is no good reason not to get vaccinated. i'd agree normally we shouldn't force people into something, the thousands of ignorant anti-vaxxers seeking to freeload protection off the rest of society has convinced me there needs to be some compulsion. freedoms come with responsibilities.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Well as you can still contract and spread the virus after being vaccinated, no you are not.

You are much less likely to do both so that is bollocks. The study I am on showed participants were 90% less likely to catch Covid and those that did had a very mild version. If you don’t catch it you don’t pass it on.

I wholly support vaccine passports for football matches, and for those that choose not to have the vaccine- tough. Those that genuinely can’t have the vaccine will be exempt provided they can prove why not (presumably a doctors letter or similar).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here