[Help] COVID FLIRT

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The last 4-6 days

Aching neck/shoulder/arm
The WORST sore throat I have ever encountered
Tickeley cough to the point that reflux made me sick.
Stomach pain due to lack of food
Dehydration. Regardless of what I did I seemed to be thirsty the entire time.
Headache
Haluciations
Poor sleep due to the above.

I went to the docs after day 3. Was on penicillin but nothing seemed to work. I have to admit it is the worst illness I have ever encountered. The sore throats was like broken glass rather than razor blades and each cough sent pain along the ridges of my teeth up to my ears.

Pain on chest and stomach may well be due to lack of food but literally had no strength or willpower to make a meal.

Has anyone else suffered this recently?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The last 4-6 days

Aching neck/shoulder/arm
Headache
Haluciations

I went to the docs after day 3. Was on penicillin but nothing seemed to work. I have to admit it is the worst illness I have ever encountered. The sore throats was like broken glass rather than razor blades and each cough sent pain along the ridges of my teeth up to my ears.

Pain on chest and stomach may well be due to lack of food but literally had no strength or willpower to make a meal.

You’ve mentioned covid in the thread title…..presumably tested to confirm this?

Hope you feel better soon

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You’ve mentioned covid in the thread title…..presumably tested to confirm this?

Hope you feel better soon
You’ve rightly pointed this out.

I was not tested at any stage. I’ve made an assumption that this was Covid correctly or incorrectly but without any medical confirmation.

Tests were not available at the chemist and the doctors didn’t want me to suffer anymore when she saw my throat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You’ve rightly pointed this out.

I was not tested at any stage. I’ve made an assumption that this was Covid correctly or incorrectly but without any medical confirmation.

Tests were not available at the chemist and the doctors didn’t want me to suffer anymore when she saw my throat.
👍…..not as though knowing is going to make you feel better 😉

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
👍…..not as though knowing is going to make you feel better 😉
Yeah. That’s kinda where I was after day 2.

I’m mostly interested if anyone else has suffered in a similar way recently. I sense my fam are now coming down with it.

I don’t say it lightly. Worst I’ve ever felt.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah. That’s kinda where I was after day 2.

I’m mostly interested if anyone else has suffered in a similar way recently. I sense my fam are now coming down with it.

I don’t say it lightly. Worst I’ve ever felt.
Covid as one knows isn’t going to go away, like all the other viruses kicking around…..someone in my household had it a few weeks ago (no one else knowingly caught it)…but not half as bad as what you describe …the hallucinations bit is interesting

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
One of the Bobkin Jnrs had quite a few of those symptoms the other week and yes, it was Covid.

Hope you feel better soon, whatever it is - sounds awful.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The last 4-6 days

Aching neck/shoulder/arm
Headache
Haluciations

If you have not already thought about/done this, but if you can‘t face eating try to get some meal replacement drinks, may help with your recovery.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
If you have not already thought about/done this, but if you can‘t face eating try to get some meal replacement drinks, may help with your recovery.
Can you suggest anything. That might help in the coming days!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A mate of mine (healthy) has had covid for around 5 weeks, said its worse than before

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I was convincdd I had covid a couple of weeks ago. Turned out to be influenza A, the rest of my family came down with it too.

Hope you are felling better soon.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Had covid last week but it was less severe than the first time but still very unpleasant. The worst thing was the wife chopped the top of her finger off the day of the England semi so had to go to A&E so missed the first half of the match 😂. Anyway prior to going we said we both had covid so should we wear masks but were told not to bother 😱. No wonder it is so rife at the moment!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I hope you feel better soon. I had to spend around four hours in an urgent treatment centre yesterday and in that time two people came in saying they kept coughing until they were sick. Said to my wife in the evening that I wondered if that was covid or something else. Nasty either way.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hope you feel better soon. as ozzygull says above, Huel is good if you can keep them down. Tomato soup - and my personal suggestion grated carrots and apples mixed together. Pour a little fresh orange juice on there for the vitamin C.

Otherwise lots of bed rest, fluids (electrolyte replacement sachets can help, but use as directed) and call 111 if you get noticeably worse.

Don’t be afraid to reach out for healthcare if you need it and can tell something is really off - just because you’ve been seen once doesn’t mean you cant go back. Good luck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here