Dec 13, 2015
Nick Cave's "Brompton Oratory" covered by Mark Lanegan

You decide...

Mark Lanegan (cover)....

Nick Cave (original)....

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Five charming young ladies part of the new generation of metal bands.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
As with many of the songs on this thread, not necessarily better than the original, just a different interpretation

Robert Palmer covering Devo's "Girl U Want"

Devo Original.....

Robert Palmer cover.....

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
David Bowie's version of Cactus by the pixies on his album Heathen is superior in my mind. Totally underrated album. Great drumming throughout.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Sorry, not for me. Pixies version is inifinitely superior. Francis sings it better, the stark arrangement is more exciting and Lovering's thunking is just more primal.

Most importantly though, No Kim, no Deal. (Can't wait for her solo album). In the meantime, here she is with GBV's Robert Pollard:

Okay not as good as Emmy Lou and Gram Parson's version, nor as Roy's mini opera but neither of those was the original. The Everly Bros was and their version just doesn't find the deep melancholy. (And for the love of god nobody mention Nazareth!)

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Sorry, not for me. Pixies version is inifinitely superior. Francis sings it better, the stark arrangement is more exciting and Lovering's thunking is just more primal.

Most importantly though, No Kim, no Deal. (Can't wait for her solo album). In the meantime, here she is with GBV's Robert Pollard:

Okay not as good as Emmy Lou and Gram Parson's version, nor as Roy's mini opera but neither of those was the original. The Everly Bros was and their version just doesn't find the deep melancholy. (And for the love of god nobody mention Nazareth!)

As this was the first version I heard of the song, this is my favourite :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here