Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed - ALL found NOT GUILTY

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Didn't the jury in the original trial also ask for that?

Yep! This is from the first trial:

The jury has asked for two points to be clarified.

Firstly the definition of what it means "to be sure".

Secondly they asked for clarification of the evidence of Ben Sampayo.

Judge Charles Wide told them: "Sure is an ordinary English word in everyday use.

"Sure doesn't mean scienfific or absolute certainty, it means being satisfied so that you are sure."

He went on to deal with the question of Ben Sampayo's evidence.

He said: "On the basis of Ben Sampayo's evidence you will not be able to reach the sure conclusion that the penis of any of the defendants was ever in the claimant's hand."

Jude Wide said they could not have a copy of Mr Sampayo's witness statement or a transcript of his police interview because it had not been produced in evidence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Page 12 Argus today

His other court case has been abandoned, so he can now be named in this one.

He is the 'mystery phone breaker', who we all knew about before but couldn't talk about.

Also, as mentioned in the article, he was the player threatening to distribute the alleged photos, and put the alleged video on youtube.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
His other court case has been abandoned, so he can now be named in this one.

He is the 'mystery phone breaker', who we all knew about before but couldn't talk about.

Also, as mentioned in the article, he was the player threatening to distribute the alleged photos, and put the alleged video on youtube.

Seems like a nice lad

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, why hasn't he been asked to give evidence, if he's apparently seen the photo / video and seemingly had a copy of them?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah, the unnamed man was Kaz.
Not all of us, I managed to completely avoid finding out :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not been following the case as diligently as others, so forgive me if I'm being slow here.

That Argus report seems to tie up all the loose ends and makes sense of the whole situation.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I appreciate that no one has been convicted but this latest aspect about KLL's other court case being dropped meaning that he can now be identified in this case just adds to the feeling that many 'professional' footballers are out of touch with how to conduct themselves in life. Certainly it adds to the unsavory publicity that is going on around The Albion and hardly engenders the reputation of a model Club where everything is 'right' and for the wider public to recognise its positive role in the 'community'.

It is no wonder that management are obliged to deal with disciplinary matters formally. Yet some punters suggest that we are being heavy handed.

Looking at the wider picture I don't blame Di Canio for taking a hard line with his players. Ok the manner in which he publicly named and shamed them was not necessary. Although Bardsley (numpty) did a good hatchet job on himself. I know it's the PFA's job to stand up for their members but it would be good to see them taking a more constructive stance.

I hope we appoint a manager with flair but also one who is willing to rule with a firm hand and that a code of conduct is there to be adhered to. It cannot help your promotion prospects if players heads are distracted by legal cases hanging over them throughout a season. Plus it must tarnish the commercial reputation of sponsors associated with a Club where its employees are regularly in the news for the wrong reasons.

I am sure that Tony Bloom will be desperately keen for us to enter the next season with no off field distractions and then keep it that way.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Lua Lua really sounds like an utter c unit doesn't he, complete attention seeking drama queen.

More than ever I hope we employ a humble man that can control his players and if they cause any unecessary sh*t off the pitch then they're out. What a farce.

I know it's an aspect of getting players on higher wages and therefore higher egos, and also an aspect of not being poor little brighton anymore, but under Poyet our club name has been dragged through the mud constantly and much of the good will we recieved during our years of struggle has long since dissipated.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So, why hasn't he been asked to give evidence, if he's apparently seen the photo / video and seemingly had a copy of them?

It was agreed in the Old Bailey yesterday by Judge Christopher Moss that a contempt of court order could be lifted allowing the naming of Lualua once the risk of prejudicing his Newcastle case was removed.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Young footballers have several things in excess: money, testosterone, and time. Many of them have been "apart" from us "normals" from a young age. They've needed an enlarged ego to get where they've got. They get a regular fix of crowd adulation. Their role models are often exceptionally rich and often exceptionally arrogant.

None of which excuses any unpleasant or criminal behaviour that results. But these lads don't half get a weird introduction to adult life.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Lua Lua really sounds like an utter c unit doesn't he, complete attention seeking drama queen.

More than ever I hope we employ a humble man that can control his players and if they cause any unecessary sh*t off the pitch then they're out. What a farce.

I know it's an aspect of getting players on higher wages and therefore higher egos, and also an aspect of not being poor little brighton anymore, but under Poyet our club name has been dragged through the mud constantly and much of the good will we recieved during our years of struggle has long since dissipated.

'Can't argue with any of that, Beepsta. The off-field antics of a number of our professionals has evidently been anything but in recent times - & it's clear to me that some characters need to face up to their responsibilities. Goodness knows if the impending change of management will provide them with the necessary discipline, but we live in hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here