Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Division One, Sussex v Somerset at Hove, May 18-21, 2011

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You just wouldn't have thought a wicket giving you 213, 177 and 235 would suddenly give you 212-1 in the final innings. Funny old game.

Er, just like the Notts game last week ?... it's Deja Vous all over again !

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
so sad and so boring these stupid comments about Sussex about to lose get a life !!!!!!!!!!!
But we're rubbish! When was the last time we actually won anything? Year after year we have to put up with these sub-standard performances and in this game we've twice let Somerset get over 200 runs and we were all out for a little over 100. Pathetic doesn't even BEGIN to describe it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a turnaround, well done Sussex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Er, just like the Notts game last week ?... it's Deja Vous all over again !

Other than nothing like the Notts game!? Sussex got 304 1st innings and following Notts 145 got 187-1 declared, followed by Notts getting 342. So really only 1 poor innings...

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i got there just before 3 2day and we batted really well and well done nash on the 100 and he batted really well and joyce batted well for his 84

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Other than nothing like the Notts game!? Sussex got 304 1st innings and following Notts 145 got 187-1 declared, followed by Notts getting 342. So really only 1 poor innings...

Now you have got me, so, Sussex declared their 2nd innings at 187-1 ?..... batting last .....? did you at any time look up from your newspaper to check who was batting and who was bowling ?

Now let me explain what I mean, in the Nott's game, we batted fourth ( traditionaly dodgy because of a deteriorating wicket and uneven bounce/turn) and racked up the winning runs for the loss of ONE wicket.

Now, against Zummerzet, we ARE batting fourth ( traditionaly dodgy because of a deteriorating wicket and uneven bounce/turn) and we are almost at our target of 272 for the loss of ONE wicket.

Any similarity there now ?:facepalm:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A real lack of cricketing knowledge on this board. People mocking the decision to field first then stating Somerset should declare 7 down with a 100 run lead to give themselves a days rest.

The pitch at Hove has tended to improve, hence generally the 4th innings provides the best batting conditions and the best totals of the match. The conditions Wednesday were awful bad light rain disrupted the batters. Sussex batted poorly 1st innings (as usual) but had the better of the conditions.

I know some of you are joking, but there are some dickheads who wrote of our chances far too early.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
OMG.....

Just seen the score. At this rate I may have to ban myself from the county ground and cancel my membership. They only win when I'm away....

Great to get this close to winning a game.

Nash for England

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
50 runs required for a win with 9 wickets left

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
40 runs required for a win with 9 wickets left, Sussex in a hurry

HAILSHAM SEAGULL