Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countries you would never wish to visit?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dubai

Just seems wrong. Opulence on a ridiculous scale all built with slave labour.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Cape Town is lovely. Johannesburg is unsafe, with awful traffic - good steaks and wine, which is just as well as if you're there you're not going to stray very far. Significant number of arrogant, old-school white locals who are openly hostile to blacks - horrible to witness (I had one serious incident in my team there a few years ago)
Mate, we get that you're a manager with several "teams" do you HAVE to keep mentioning it in every post ffs , anyone would think you're insecure.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I used to love going to the US. After 9/11 the immigration became a nightmare,not just the bureaucracy but the rudeness of the officials. This also applies on internal flights where foreigners have the boarding passes marked so that they can be singled out for "random" checks when boarding. If you can get past all that aggravation it's a great place to visit, especially, in my opinion, San Diego, the Palm Springs area and Florida.
Went through immigration at JFK last night in less than 5 mins. Automatic machine for passport and fingerprint scan and customs declaration (no queue), pass by officer's desk where passport was stamped, politely asked me what I was doing there and how long I was staying, wished me a pleasant stay and I was in a cab 10 mins later (short queue). This despite the bombs found at the weekend and a very obvious tension about town this morning.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Have to agree with a lot on here, USA, well Florida actually, horrible place, full of people that just want your money and all so false. Must admit I did like New York though, but Florida has put me off the whole country. Never wanted to go Russia either.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Never been,never will,as I said,any country where sitting in a tent in Calais whilst waiting to to get to Kent is a better option is not for Me,can't be that good if all the men of working/ fighting age are having it on their toes on a Lilo.

I do not need to say anything, you have already shown your ignorance.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
You lucky so and so! Have you been to Lalibela?

Ethiopia is second on my list of countries I'd most like to visit, with Colombia now being top of the list after finally going to Iceland last year.

Yes, I went in February this year. I was lucky as I was living in Nairobi at the time so it was only a 2 hour flight to Addis. Stunning landscapes, the old churches are incredible (even for an atheist like myself) and many of the women are simple beautiful. Enjoy, if you get the chance to go you will not regret it.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Went through immigration at JFK last night in less than 5 mins. Automatic machine for passport and fingerprint scan and customs declaration (no queue), pass by officer's desk where passport was stamped, politely asked me what I was doing there and how long I was staying, wished me a pleasant stay and I was in a cab 10 mins later (short queue). This despite the bombs found at the weekend and a very obvious tension about town this morning.

Good news and has clearly changed a lot in the 7 years since i last went.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Cape Town is lovely. Johannesburg is unsafe, with awful traffic - good steaks and wine, which is just as well as if you're there you're not going to stray very far. Significant number of arrogant, old-school white locals who are openly hostile to blacks - horrible to witness (I had one serious incident in my team there a few years ago)

Both Cape Town and Port Elizabeth have a higher murder rate per head of population than Joburg. There are some very dodgy areas in CT, as there are in Joburg. The old school afrikaaners are indeed a problem but then the number of blacks,particularly in the political arena, who class all whites as "white criminals" who stole their land is a greater current concern. Their espousal of Mugabe's policies in Zimbabwe is a recipe for disaster and you can see how badly the economy has been affected by the government policies in recent years. On the plus side, South Africa has been voted the most beautiful country in the world by a number of travel magazines' subscribers.I have had many nights out in Soweto with black friends and have never felt remotely unsafe. On a number of occasions I have been thanked by Soweto locals for taking the time to go there and mix with them and, on more than one occasion the pub landlord has made a point of thanking me for frequenting his place and has told me to let him know immediately if anyone gets out of line with me.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Have to agree with a lot on here, USA, well Florida actually, horrible place, full of people that just want your money and all so false. Must admit I did like New York though, but Florida has put me off the whole country. Never wanted to go Russia either.

Good point, I too would judge every other state on that huge mass of land the same based on one place.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A nation. Just like England.

And, in simple terms please, what exactly is the difference between a country and a nation? I bet the Scots and the Welsh would not be happy to be told that their countries were not in fact countries. I'm English and as far as I'm concerned England IS a bloody country.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And, in simple terms please, what exactly is the difference between a country and a nation?
A country is the things I mentioned about government, sovereignty etc. A nation is a area with a group of people who have a shared culture / identity etc.

I bet the Scots and the Welsh would not be happy to be told that their countries were not in fact countries. I'm English and as far as I'm concerned England IS a bloody country.
Indeed, many people from England, Scotland and Wales like to think of their nation as a country, so that's what people pretend they are. Doesn't make it true though.

Personally I don't feel any worse for knowing that my country is the United Kingdom.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I used to love going to the US. After 9/11 the immigration became a nightmare,not just the bureaucracy but the rudeness of the officials. This also applies on internal flights where foreigners have the boarding passes marked so that they can be singled out for "random" checks when boarding. If you can get past all that aggravation it's a great place to visit, especially, in my opinion, San Diego, the Palm Springs area and Florida.

They have to strike a balance between being the first line of defence (especially after the recent bombings in NYC) and not deterring potential tourist dollars. I think they do a pretty good job.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Good point, I too would judge every other state on that huge mass of land the same based on one place.

In my opinion you can't even say Florida, its huge, now Disneyland, Orlando etc is not my cup of tea at all, but for a city i liked Miami, especially South Beach and as for the Florida Keys, how can you not like the Florida Keys, i have also heard that the gulf coast is really nice, honestly this thread is doing my head in.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
See how this thread has turned mainly into a discussion about USA.

I turned on the radio this morning and the first item concerned the USA.

Every single day the country is in our news, it's culture is in our face and in our ears. It's inescapable!

I'm sick of it, and it's the reason why I have no desire to ever go there to get more of it.

Of course it's massively diverse, with many beautiful places and a wide cross section of lovely people. I'm not stupid enough to think it's one homogenous mass. But I'm absolutely fed up of having the country rammed down my throat every single day when I don't even live there. There's nearly 200 countries in our world today, and if I was lucky enough to work through each one to visit then yes, USA would definitely be last on my list.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In my opinion you can't even say Florida, its huge, now Disneyland, Orlando etc is not my cup of tea at all, but for a city i liked Miami, especially South Beach and as for the Florida Keys, how can you not like the Florida Keys, i have also heard that the gulf coast is really nice, honestly this thread is doing my head in.
Good point.....South Floridians typically take the piss out of Orlando and don't see it as the 'real' Florida.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here