Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

counties in england never to have a league side....ever, ever EVER?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
garry nelsons left foot said:
f*** sake. You've missed out WEST SCOTLAND. Kev bloody well told you and you keep leaving out of your sodding list.:angry: :angry: :angry:

I think we decided that 'West Scotland' was in fact in Scotland, rather than England.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Statto said:
No, defenetly west. The only club in north yorkshire at the moment is Middlesbrough.(although it may now be tyne and wier). York is also north yorkshire.

West Yorks - Leeds, Huddersfield, Barnsley (maybe south), Bradford

South Yorks - Both Sheffield teams, Doncaster, maybe Barnsley, Rotherham

North - York

Scarborough is East...I think

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Scotty M said:
does it not just have the same status as brighton and hove does?

no, it is now a county!

What Status does Brighton and Hove have? it's a city, Greater Manchester is made up of quite a few towns! and of course Manchester.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bhanutz said:
What Status does Brighton and Hove have?

its not a county but its not just the city either - i cant remember what it actually is

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hans kraay fan club said:
I think we decided that 'West Scotland' was in fact in Scotland, rather than England.

:lolol: :lolol:

classic kev

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Les Biehn said:
No its not.
Stop being a f***ing numpty you. Greater Manchester is a county, both politically and as far as the Royal Mail is concerned.

YORKSHIRE
North
York City
Scarborough

West
Leeds United
Bradford City
Bradford Park Avenue
Huddersfield Town
Halifax Town

South
Doncaster Rovers
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Barnsley
Rotherham United

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Scotty M said:
its not a county but its not just the city either - i cant remember what it actually is
It's a unitary authority - which in my understanding means that, yes, it now does a lot of the tasks that formerly used to be done by East Sussex County Council, although GEOGRAPHICALLY it's still in East Sussex. This could all be BOLLOCKS, of course.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
It's a unitary authority - which in my understanding means that, yes, it now does a lot of the tasks that formerly used to be done by East Sussex County Council, although GEOGRAPHICALLY it's still in East Sussex. This could all be BOLLOCKS, of course.

thats the one:)

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Scotty M said:
its not a county but its not just the city either - i cant remember what it actually is [/QUOTE

To clear this up, the way i see it is, Brighton and hove is run by a seperate councill to east and west sussex. which means that politically it is neither in east or west sussex. however it is still traditonally and geographically situated in east sussex. so to answer your question.:shrug:

But the title of the tread was "counties that have never had a league team ever". east sussex obviously has.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
bhanutz said:
no, it is now a county!

What Status does Brighton and Hove have? it's a city, Greater Manchester is made up of quite a few towns! and of course Manchester.
No, it is a unitary authority.

Many people leave the 'East Sussex' part of the address out nowadays (or 'West Sussex' if you come from Surrey or London - there are some f***ing divs up there), and that is considered perfectly acceptable. Face it, Middlesex no longer exists anywhere except in cricket terms and postal terms. Either way, Brighton, Hove and Portslade were in East Sussex, but politically now are not.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The Large One said:
Stop being a f***ing numpty you. Greater Manchester is a county, both politically and as far as the Royal Mail is concerned.

YORKSHIRE
North
York City
Scarborough

West
Leeds United
Bradford City
Bradford Park Avenue
Huddersfield Town
Halifax Town

South
Doncaster Rovers
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Barnsley
Rotherham United

what about hull? east yorlshire?

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
The Large One said:

YORKSHIRE
North
York City
Scarborough

West
Leeds United
Bradford City
Bradford Park Avenue
Huddersfield Town
Halifax Town

South
Doncaster Rovers
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Barnsley
Rotherham United

Is Middlesbrough not in north yorkshire? It used to be anyway.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Statto said:
Is Middlesbrogh not in north yorkshire? It used to be anyway.

what about durham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here