Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown2Falmer Information

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Countdown2Falmer site will remain online, but there will be no more updates to the photos after the first league game in August.

I certainly need a break and so do all the contributors who have spent their time going to falmer on a regular basis to take photos, and keep us all in the loop.

I also don't want to have to rely on North Stand Chat to supply me the photos. Countdown2Falmer has taken enough.

We now have a piece of history documenting the construction of our new stadium, which is more than any other clubs supporters have done. It will probably never be matched content wise, so this is something to be proud of.

I hope you don't mind. If I do have enough time in the future to polish it up, and stick the photos in some sort of database so they can be searched by author, I will.
But there would be a link to Version 2, as I think the original site should remain as it is.

Here is the very first photo taken by Jack Straw on 31/10/2008
311008a.jpg

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Cheers Adrian and all contributors, was a very important part of my daily Amex catch up.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And thank you too Adrian.
An invaluable website.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
can the last photos be the league match? didn't know if you were planning that or not?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Well done and fantastic work, I cant believe we killed those trees in the first picture though :(

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
You've created a monster!
The time I've spent taking the photos (which has been incredibly enjoyable), pales in to insignificance compared to the time you have spent collating not just mine, but everbody elses photos for your fantastic website.
What you have done has undoubtably taken hours and hours.
You must have the patience of a saint, (and a lot of time on your hands!).
Without doubt, you have built the most valuable, historical and comprehensive photographic arhcive of any football stadium build ever.
I take my Albion baseball cap off to you sir.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
You've created a monster!
The time I've spent taking the photos (which has been incredibly enjoyable), pales in to insignificance compared to the time you have spent collating not just mine, but everbody elses photos for your fantastic website.
What you have done has undoubtably taken hours and hours.
You must have the patience of a saint, (and a lot of time on your hands!).
Without doubt, you have built the most valuable, historical and comprehensive photographic arhcive of any football stadium build ever.
I take my Albion baseball cap off to you sir.

Thank you for the kind words Jack. It is much appreciated.
It was yourself, Everest, Barry Izbak and Mendoza that got me thinking when these photos starting appearing on NSC, that we really need to have the photos in one place.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here