Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Zamora be the special one

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
Arsenal or Spurs should be chasing Zamora, who has become one of the very best leaders of the line in the premier League. Too early for him to come home to us. Much as I'd love him back in the sacred stripes, he should be at a top PL club and in the England squad not in Div 2 in old money.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He is the "special one" and always has been !!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Incredible that anyone could believe this might happen. We have as much chance of signing Messi.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Perhaps this thread should be closed by the MODs. This rumour is just so unbelievable it's embarrassing.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Incredible that anyone could believe this might happen. We have as much chance of signing Messi.

Make a good forward line though

I suppose its possible that we may see Bobby back here towards the end of his career, but until then he can do much better than us.

Although there has been the usual speculation about who the new striker "with presence" is, nobody seems to have any real clue. I just hope its not Father Christmas!:lolol:

I also hope its not going to be another one that doesn't pan out before the deadline.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Let me give you a few reasons why I have a feeling you're completely wrong.

this. give at least another season or two before it might happen.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Let me give you a few reasons why I have a feeling you're completely wrong.

1) Zamora last year signed a 4 year deal at Fulham until 2014, for a reported 50k per week YES 50k. He is estimated to be worth between 6-8mill (first question? are we going to pay Fulham or the player that type of money?)

2) Zamoras club Fulham are in the premier league and the Europa League and with the European Championships next summer, Bobby who must dream of making the England Squad, will realise he is potentially one good top flight season away from realising that personal ambition. (second question? will Bobby want to wear a Brighton championship shirt more this season and risk not wearing an England shirt at next years Euros? in possibly his last ever attempt at a major tournament)

3) And the third set of reasons are obvious, Even if we went after him and the player liked the idea, as Fulham are already short of players, and with Leicester bidding for Andy Johnson, just why oh why would they even for one second listen to any offer for their prized asset and star striker who has 3 years on his contract remaining? They won't

Other than all those annoying realities, I also have a fantasy about Bobby coming back

The above couldnt make this any clearer, as much as we may want it, its not happening

There is more chance of me arriving at the mill road p&r at 2.00 and getting a parking space opening the door with the lovely Kate beckinsale and the bus being right there. Arriving at the ground to get my nice steak pie and harveys within 5 mins and being home in Bognor by 6.00.for a night of hard sex with said beckinsale....... Than bobby coming here!!........Leave it!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
if it happens the whole board (this one and the Albion board) will go into meltdown and a few heads will explode with joy there will be dancing in the streets of Brighton and thousands will be making bets on us reaching the premiership this season

bring it on
Bobby Z will be made the patron saint of Brighton

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Apparently Leicester have made a £4m bid for Andy Johnson. Regardless of all the other reasons this is complete tosh (which peterward summarised very nicely a few posts up), Fulham are not likely to let him AND Zamora leave.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
There is more chance of me arriving at the mill road p&r at 2.00 and getting a parking space opening the door with the lovely Kate beckinsale and the bus being right there. Arriving at the ground to get my nice steak pie and harveys within 5 mins and being home in Bognor by 6.00.for a night of hard sex with said beckinsale....... Than bobby coming here!!........Leave it!!

So there is a chance?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

Assuming you don't mean THE Kate beckinsale, but some other lovely of the same name, that all sounds very very realistic to me :thumbsup:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
OMG!! Another thread concerning the homecoming of Zamora.
Some fans are soooo deluded. Zamora will not be joining us until we're at least in The Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here