Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could YOU play in a derby game?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Do you have the temperament to play in a derby game?

I don't. As soon as Murray scored his second I would have lost it and done my best to smash the f*** out of as many players as I could.

Which wouldn't help the team effort much, obviously, but would make me feel a lot better about the situation.

You?

D

Deleted member 2719

No as a an 17year old, i got sent off in one for fighting. As a 30 year old just about, as a 48 year old who hasn't played for 13years i think i would fall back into 17 year old mode.:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There was a moment when when fella went down on the bye line and we had 2 players nearby coming back onto the pitch.

It was a clear stamping opportunity, and neither of our chaps took it.

I would have done, so in answer to the question:-

NO.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Got a few red (or were they blue) cards up at Pitch Invasion when the red mist descended - and I was the goalkeeper, so doubt I'd last long in a derby game.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably not. But that would make me no different to our lot.

It's a sick joke that the match that means so much to us is the one they seem totally incapable of coping with.

I suppose it all means the next win will be that much sweeter - but I'm not sure I can wait too much longer. We are playing on pretty much a level playing field at the moment, so it has to be better.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you have the temperament to play in a derby game?

I don't. As soon as Murray scored his second I would have lost it and done my best to smash the f*** out of as many players as I could.

Which wouldn't help the team effort much, obviously, but would make me feel a lot better about the situation.

You?

Reckon most of these players - who originate from all over the place - are blissfully unaware of the 95% fake rivalry and don't regard it as a derby game. And rightly don't give a shit.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No. I get far too 'into it' and would have done something stupid.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
But we love and support our club. These players are just being paid to do their job. Not saying they don't put their all in or support the club but I doubt there is a player in the squad who loves the club as much as us.....maybe El-Abd or Dunk (which might explain the red card)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not me. In my head I was saying 'break his f***ing leg' late in the second half when Bolasie was running at one of our players.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Yep as i've played in plenty. Wolves vs West brom games in the youth team got VERY tasty. Played in them but with a lot of aggression, but have to try and keep it as low as possible

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm great at remaining calm. Unfortunately I'm shit at football.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Reckon most of these players - who originate from all over the place - are blissfully unaware of the 95% fake rivalry and don't regard it as a derby game. And rightly don't give a shit.

What?

Maybe it's the fact that I'm still pissed off after yesterday that I can't understand what you've written. You think that players should not give a f*** about a game because they don't consider it a derby game?

I've got that wrong, surely?

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I think you're right.

Love the original post though. It did make me laugh.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I think I would be able to as I am quite good at doing slide tackles that get the ball and the player. Although, I'm not that great at the rest of the game.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Professional football requires concentration, and Salter didn't respond well there.
With 10 men under the gun away, it's tempting to resign to a loss, but our players stayed interested.
Barnes and Bridcutt stood out, but some of our passing was poorly chosen, into dead ends or 50/50 tussles.

I wish Lua Lua played, and that there was someone b
playing off Bucley to better effect.

Holloway somehow managing scum and freedman raking in the £££ at pisspoor Bolton seems strange though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here