Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

could you imagine a WORSE night out?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
brightonfan_86 said:
He has even killed Chickens on stage, and then thrown the dead chicken all over his weirdos. :sick:
Sick bastard. I here he is playing at the Leeds festival tomorrow so goodness knows what they have lined up for that one.:(

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If the animal abuse allegations had any truth about them the A.S.P.C.A. would be over him like a rash.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
An evening in Tiger Tiger in Croydon a few sats ago was pretty grim.

brightonfan_86 said:
He once threw a puppy into a crowd during a concert, and told his fans or (Weirdos) to kill it or he won't sing.

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings here but a quick glance at

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/marilyn2.htm

will show this to be false. Don't get caught up in stupid american fundamentalist religious shite.

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
brightonfan_86 said:
He has even killed Chickens on stage, and then thrown the dead chicken all over his weirdos. :sick:

I doubt he did this either. May be based on the true story of John Cale (ex Velvet Underground) who once chopped a chickens head off (it was already dead) and threw it into the crowd.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
An evening with Vannessa Feltz or Carol Vorderman or Graham Norton.

Take your pick!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Never saw this thread first time round.

Saw Patrick Kielty at a small comedy club in Bristol a week or two back. Had never really seen much of him on TV but had him down as someone I didn't really like - bland Saturday evening tosh.

But £8 was not a lot to risk to see him doing a warm-up set for an upcoming tour he is doing (presumably The Dome is part of this tour). Apparently he started off doing stand-up several years back and a lot of his material was bloody funny - especially Irish/Muslim comparisons.

You could probably do a lot worse, assuming The Dome show is similar stand-up.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Incidentally the line up for this years Brighton comedy festival is very strong indeed. I saw a lot of the shows at Edinburgh in August and would heartily recommend:

Richard Herring
Lucy Porter
Paul Merton's Impro Chums
Robert Newman (gives away some great flyers that look like parking tickets which you can affix to those pointless gas guzzling 4x4's that are so popular with middle class mum's. I'd recommend stocking up on quite a few)
Stewart Lee (rolling about on the floor funny, this guy really did a fine job of splitting the sides)
Alun Cochrane

Can't beat a good bit of comedy to keep you warm of a winter's night

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Beach Hut said:
I saw Rick Mayall at the Dome just as the first series of the Young Ones was taking off - very funny.

Also saw Smith and Jones there - they were very funny as well but spoilt somewhat by constant crap barracking from a certain Teddy Maybank :angry: :angry:

I saw a Rick Mayall stand up show, just after the first series of the new Statesman.

Bloody funny....

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bluejuice said:
Incidentally the line up for this years Brighton comedy festival is very strong indeed. I saw a lot of the shows at Edinburgh in August and would heartily recommend:

Richard Herring

Can't beat a good bit of comedy to keep you warm of a winter's night

Richard Herring is appearing tonight at the Ropetackle Centre in Shoreham in case anyone is interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here