Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could yesterdays win turn out to be the most important win in BHA history?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
History means looking backwards..

I didnt mean for ever and ever... but actually, if we won the Champions league, as a result of getting promoted this season, which may have hinged on this game then maybe there is still an argument for it.

Troll alert!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
To be fair, if we do go on to win the Prem followed by winning the Champions league. I'm sure most of us will look back at the Charlton match as the beginning of the Albion's magical football story.

'Where were you when Hemed scored that header?' will be on T-shirts all over the city.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
and your post proves that grumpy old men dont like panto!

Quite sad that a little bit of exuberance over such an astounding win can be met with such derision from fellow Albion fans!

I now remember that most people on football forums on Sunday afternoons have very little going on in their real lives.. probably why they are mostly sad, grumply lonely losers.

I think I'll celibrate the win somewhere else!

Bye bye saddos!

Oh the irony!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are always seeking attention!! whenever I look on this forum
Oh bless.

and condesecention is never an attractive feature even if you believe its justified.
So you don't find me attractive. Ouch.
Philosophy obviously not your strong point... nor casual playfull banter....
I don't think this subject is worthy of a philosophical debate, but you go ahead with anyone who can be bothered to join you. And you want playful banter, yet you think I'm always seeking attention on here :rolleyes:

If you understand my point, why precede with the 'stupid post' comment?
Because I think the suggestion that Saturday's win could be the most important in our club's history is laughable.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Look man!

Sign him up and then it would be important.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and your post proves that grumpy old men dont like panto!

Quite sad that a little bit of exuberance over such an astounding win can be met with such derision from fellow Albion fans!

I now remember that most people on football forums on Sunday afternoons have very little going on in their real lives.. probably why they are mostly sad, grumply lonely losers.

I think I'll celibrate the win somewhere else!

Bye bye saddos!
:flounce: :flounce: :flounce: :flounce: :flounce:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sorry but you're being your usual condescending, argumentative for no reason, attention seeking self.

The question was 'Could' it turn out to be the most important game in BHAF history?
I argue it could.

Maybe you've never been involved in a collective long term endeavour with a team of players? (I get the feeling you wouldnt make a good team player!LOL)
But if you had, you might know that 'inside' a team, the collective confidence and unity that a comeback like that can produce can be a game changer.. long term.
Especially defending a record breaking unbeaten run.

It's short sighted to point out one game which was the most important. By definition every single point is important in a very long season. This was a wonderful comeback for sure. But to suggest that if we'd have lost it would be a downward spiral is as silly as suggesting that because we won 3-2 we're certain to win against Derby.

This league is a nightmare!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'll have money says Dub-67 is a youngster so "history" is relatively short-term.

1910 Charity Shield win against Villa is a great shout for this accolade.
The win against Hereford to keep us in the football league on the last day of the season was also monumental in the history of this club.
Let me also throw in the 15th April 1983 2:1 win over Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: which took us to our one and only FA cup final !!

Does a home win in December against a team close to the bottom of the division compare? NO!
But what the Charlton game has done is given the team the confidence that they can come back from 2 down and win - now that is very good medicine that will run in the veins for a good few weeks [longer hopefully].

Summary: Naïve question from a JCL ....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably not even as important as Stockport 2009 ( although a draw would also have been ok then ).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Even if we get to the champions league final the answer will always be : Hereford and that was only a draw. Or if you are seeking wins then Donny at home the week before (couple with Hereford losing to Leyton O same weekend).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here