Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
UKIP probably will do alright. That's not people's argument is it.

Camicus

Really, you surely jest. Could it be that they realise that votes and opinions of the people they represent seem to be favoring the policies (or some of them) of Ukip.
Could it be that they have seen how well Ukip did in the Euros and that (even though less than a year ago many on here said Ukip would not win any seats) they have won the last two local elections. Could it be that UKIP in the polls have grabbed a far bigger percentage lately, and climbing.....or is it like you state the "relentless media circus" around a leader that is vilified and slated in the press and is made to look like a clown.
Actually no I don't think it's that. I think the British public like a good joke and sticking two fingers up. They can do safely that in euro and local elections. So the media circus builds up and rolls on general elections are a totally different beast

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Actually no I don't think it's that. I think the British public like a good joke and sticking two fingers up. They can do safely that in euro and local elections. So the media circus builds up and rolls on general elections are a totally different beast

Fair enough, you might be right, but if you think that "the British public like a good joke and sticking two fingers up", then why did you post "Both parties have changed because of the relentless media circus around Farage."......which one do you think then, because one contradicts the other.
I suggest you are coming up with any old reason to slate a party that seems to have policies that strike a chord with voters.

Camicus

Fair enough, you might be right, but if you think that "the British public like a good joke and sticking two fingers up", then why did you post "Both parties have changed because of the relentless media circus around Farage."......which one do you think then, because one contradicts the other.
I suggest you are coming up with any old reason to slate a party that seems to have policies that strike a chord with voters.
But they don't. If you can actually find out what their policies are they are actually pretty horrific. It's a self for filling prophecy. Lots of media time rasing the profile meaning the media give them more airtime. In the recent Rochester campaign people said they would vote Ukip because their previous mp never listened to them. Tells a tail right there. NF comes out with stuff that main stream political parties wouldn't dream of saying and gets away with it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But they don't. If you can actually find out what their policies are they are actually pretty horrific. It's a self for filling prophecy. Lots of media time rasing the profile meaning the media give them more airtime. In the recent Rochester campaign people said they would vote Ukip because their previous mp never listened to them. Tells a tail right there. NF comes out with stuff that main stream political parties wouldn't dream of saying and gets away with it.

Fair enough, just your opinion. More airtime?, yet considering they are 3rd in the polls they are not on QT every week...only when the audience and questions are loaded against them mind.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I have no problem with UKIP making the two major parties rethink their policies on immigration, nor on bringing EU membership to the fore in voter's minds.

What I do have a problem with is the reluctance of UKIP to discuss their other policies and the oft immediate retraction when one of their representatives do speak out.

If any of the other parties, or more importantly their candidates, would only discuss those two policies then there is no way I'd vote for them! That's why I can't understand those that say they will cast their votes for UKIP.

Agree 100%, the media have, so far been incredibly kind to Farage and UKIP. It's about time they were questioned about the NHS, Education, Transport, the Economy etc.

I'm pleased that because of UKIP immigration has a higher profile, but it's about time they were questioned on the rest of their policies.

Camicus

Fair enough, just your opinion. More airtime?, yet considering they are 3rd in the polls they are not on QT every week...only when the audience and questions are loaded against them mind.
Considering up until very recently they had no mps and very little activity in the European parliament they have had massive amounts of media attention. The BBC had 1200 complaints about its election coverage giving ukip so much attention. They are also demanding equal footing with lab/con. Personally I think they should get the same coverage as the greens

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I disagree UKIP are the party with enough clout or intelligence to pull that off

How would you know? - they've never been in a position yet to see if they might be able to do it. On the other hand, there is clear and incontrovertible evidence that the other parties have failed in this respect every time they have been in power, so no evidence to even suggest they might be able to change their spots in the future.

Best bet is to try somebody who hasn't already been proved a total failure.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ha! Yeah, they'll go ahead and change lifetime policies for a no mark party like UKIP. Think on lad, think on.

Slightly concerned you are not aware of the facts or have been informed that the Tories and Labour have not changed policies because of UKIP.

Even a couple of anti UKIP posters straight after you are aware of this.

I have no problem with UKIP making the two major parties rethink their policies on immigration

Both parties have changed because of the relentless media circus around Farage.

either your news source must be appalling,you only listen to what you want to or you are incredibly clueless on the issues

considering you start threads like this

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?301203-Some-hard-truths-for-the-UKIP-supporters with all its fake rhetoric

and with your growing need to just abuse people rather than debate,i will go with the latter.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I agree with controlled immigration. I disagree UKIP are the party with enough clout or intelligence to pull that off. Get your arguments right before you type.

Do you think then that, for example, Labour do have the clout or intelligence?

This is a party that is working tirelessly to get Turkey into the EU.........in Ed's own words.

http://ceftus.org/2012/07/04/message-from-ed-miliband/

Is this policy likely to reduce or increase immigration to the UK?

Given the Party's previous assertions to the electorate in 2004 when they were last in power that only 13k Polish would migrate should people trust them as oppose to a party that advocates withdrawal from the institution and it's legal obligations that means the democratically elected UK cannot control its immigration?

I suspect many express similar sentiment to you, however as it stands sadly there is no other credible (or should I say trusted) show in town.

They are the facts.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Do you think then that, for example, Labour do have the clout or intelligence?

This is a party that is working tirelessly to get Turkey into the EU.........in Ed's own words.

http://ceftus.org/2012/07/04/message-from-ed-miliband/

Is this policy likely to reduce or increase immigration to the UK?

Given the Party's previous assertions to the electorate in 2004 when they were last in power that only 13k Polish would migrate should people trust them as oppose to a party that advocates withdrawal from the institution and it's legal obligations that means the democratically elected UK cannot control its immigration?

I suspect many express similar sentiment to you, however as it stands sadly there is no other credible (or should I say trusted) show in town.

They are the facts.

in fairness and going by every post by nibble on this thread i dont think he wishes to engage in debate without insults.so i dont know why you asked

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Maybe should have replied with a quote, then - thread is clearly about UKIP, not labour.
MMmm! Didn't think I had to explain of turning around a dig on UKIP to a dig at Labour,but if you are a little bit slow on the uptake I will leave you to dissect and analyze the meaning.....PS. Please look at my original post again...you will see I was replying to a quote.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
in fairness and going by every post by nibble on this thread i dont think he wishes to engage in debate without insults.so i dont know why you asked
Be fair,it is not just Nibble that flings insults...Dave in Prague does as well...as do others.. (just look at their past post) it's a trait of the left...it was the same in the Union...disagree with a Union man,( I was a Union man for 4 years) they called you all the names possible...even down to vandalising your car...it's a power thing...they think it makes their argument more justified and forceful if they swear and call you names...having a reasonable debate with them is like arguing with a Pit Bull.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course UKIP could win the election, in theory.

Although it seems more likely there will be 4 or 5 parties, at least, with more seats than them after the next election - Conservative, Labour, SNP, Democratic Unionist, maybe even the Lib Dems...

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree with controlled immigration. I disagree UKIP are the party with enough clout or intelligence to pull that off. Get your arguments right before you type.

How can we ever have controlled immigration, if we have open borders with the EU, and if the EU wont budge what is the solution, well it is getting a referendum on the EU and then voting to get out of this club.

Labour will not give us a referendum
The Tories said they would, but I'm sceptical

If we do get a referendum it will be all mud slinging, scaremongering about jobs, and the whole issue about open borders will be pushed to the back. Can you not see why UKIP might be a solution

Camicus

How can we ever have controlled immigration, if we have open borders with the EU, and if the EU wont budge what is the solution, well it is getting a referendum on the EU and then voting to get out of this club.

Labour will not give us a referendum
The Tories said they would, but I'm sceptical

If we do get a referendum it will be all mud slinging, scaremongering about jobs, and the whole issue about open borders will be pushed to the back. Can you not see why UKIP might be a solution
No I can't see why ukip is the solution. If you want an in out referenda vote green. Do you have any idea what other policies ukip have? Name them go and look at there manifesto and tell me what other policies they have. Voting Ukip is rank stupidly if you are anything other than the 1% but hey NF likes a fag and a pint

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No I can't see why ukip is the solution. If you want an in out referenda vote green. Do you have any idea what other policies ukip have? Name them go and look at there manifesto and tell me what other policies they have. Voting Ukip is rank stupidly if you are anything other than the 1% but hey NF likes a fag and a pint

Oh yes, great idea !!!! :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 22389

Please show me what manifesto you are reading and where you are getting your information from. UKIP are bringing out a new manifesto in 2015.

As for voting green no thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here