Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Milan Mandaric be tempted to invest?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
All over the papers today saying he is looking at buying Bournemouth.

Could Dick Knight not try and get him involved down here?

Would we want him?

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
He did speak with representatives of the Albion during the gory years and when asked why he did not come aboard he replied that the time was not right.

For that read...... Archer, stanley and Belloti are ****s.
Actually to be fair to Belloti I think it was before he joined although that still does not move him out of the **** bracket.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
What can we tempt him with? We haven't got a ground or a future at the moment.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If Mandaric were interested, then as a businessman he'd surely see the potential of what this club COULD be when we get Falmer, rather than what it is now, and I'm sure that if DK could persuade the likes of Coppell and Taylor to manage this club partly on the basis of the future we hopefully have coming to us (the same future we hopefully had coming to us then), then I'd be hopeful that he could persuade MM of the same.

Of course, it's all hypothetical and will probably (unfortunately) remain so.

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
jakes right boot said:
What can we tempt him with? We haven't got a ground or a future at the moment.

Perhaps he is just what we need to run our club? Someone that will get things done, and has money!

If Falmer is only being driven by our financial position - a ground on the cheap! Then perhaps he will just move it to somewhere were permission will be easier and use his money to build it?

He has shown at Pompy that he is prepared to put real money into clubs - unlike Tight!

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
So money buys planning permission?
Well, it buys knighthoods so you may be right.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Surely this is exactly what we need. Barry Lloyd described him as a "football person" the other night. We have far more potential than Bournemouth. It must be worth a lunch in Donatello's

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
jakes right boot said:
So money buys planning permission?
Well, it buys knighthoods so you may be right.

Possibly? But i meant that if the Club had money it could build somewhere else in Sussex and pay for it themselves.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I can just see multi millionaire business Mandaric sitting down with Dick Knight and tucking into his £ 5 lunchtime special at Donnatellos.

''But Mr Knight, if I am to invest all these millions into Brighton then I must have control of the club you must realise''

''No Milan the Brighton fans would never ever allow one man to take total control over the running of our community club ever again''

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
H block said:
I can just see multi millionaire business Mandaric sitting down with Dick Knight and tucking into his £ 5 lunchtime special at Donnatellos.

''But Mr Knight, if I am to invest all these millions into Brighton then I must have control of the club you must realise''

''No Milan the Brighton fans would never ever allow one man to take total control over the running of our community club ever again''

It strikes me that most football fans are pretty fickle and would be willing to forget the past if someone promised to invest money in the club.

Would you support a chairman that would invest £20 million in the club in return for full control?

Poll?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Despite everything he's done at Portsmouth he couldn't wave his magic wad and get them a new ground could he?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
He was interested in a "south coast club" before he bought into Portsmouth, and we were a potential buy for him. At the time of the buy-in, Pompey were about to regenerate their ground (buy the railway good yard, turn the whole thing 90 degrees). As it is, they have added a business park to the outside of the ground, and have progressed well. We were still rumbling around in serious problems, and we have never really come out the other side. We had far too much baggage which put him off.

I'll ask him next time I see him if he fancies a bargain League 1 club...!;)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought he was looking to invest in Leicester City!

It was Archer who told him to f*** off unfortunately.

It would have been interesting if he had come on board and bought Archer out ( of course all Archer wanted was the ground and its potential for development) I am not sure Manderic would have wanted to stay at the Goldstone, especially as the covenant wouldn't allow development of the East Terrace.

I think we would always have ended up with a 3 sided ground, with tehNorth Stand Built on, the west Stand demolished and rebuilt and the South stand the same.

In fact what we could have done was what Plymouth did, ie have a 3/4 Curved stand from the North East Corner, round to the South East Corner. Now that would have been something.

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

f*** YOU ARCHER

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here