Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could LITA be our JASON ROBERTS

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I have felt we have needed a black striker for some time now, as over the last decade or so they have been quite talismanic for us. From Bobby Z, Leon Knight, Lloyd Owusu, Chris Iwelumo, Bas Savage, Mark McCammon. All Albion icons, and I suspect that Leroy might become one too.

Add mike small, rapheal meade and mark gall to the above.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes I think Lita could be a big player for us. He really needs this move to work, and we badly need a goalscorer. He's 28, he needs to find a club and stay there. I look forward to seeing him start.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Let's hope not. Look at Roberts now. Hasn't kicked a ball in anger for about eight months and is shamelessly collecting a huge salary while spending every waking hour in TV and radio studios.

Adkins will no longer answer questions on the subject, and I'm not surprised.

Reading struck lucky with Roberts. He had one last hurrah left in him and then that was him finished. Now, there is just no news about him. He was questioned on the radio recently by a caller re his absence and he said.." I'm injured, a player can't help being injured " He has been out for a very long time and is still drawing a healthy salary. As well as all his media work, he has also voted himself spokesman for every black footballer in the country.
I know some Reading fans and they have given up on him and I would be very surprised if he features in Adkins plans. I would imagine the current situation suits Mr. Roberts very nicely.
As far as I know LL doesn't have a budding media career in the offing, so we hope that all his efforts are concentrated on the pitch.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I like the cut of his jib. I know he was only on for 10 minutes but on Saturday we looked bloody dangerous with two up.

Ulloa and Lita could be the absolute dogs together up front and if it happens we'll be in or close to the playoffs.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm enjoying the positivity in this thread! Let's hope Lita becomes a big player for us, and when CMS/Ulloa return we have some real strength AND depth upfront,

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I have felt we have needed a black striker for some time now, as over the last decade or so they have been quite talismanic for us. From Bobby Z, Leon Knight, Lloyd Owusu, Chris Iwelumo, Bas Savage, Mark McCammon. All Albion icons, and I suspect that Leroy might become one too.

:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Lita might stay, because I reckon Barnes will be allowed to leave in January - he hasn't been the same player since Burnley came in with a £1m+ offer, which would also have trebled his wages. (I'm not divulging my source)

I remain unconvinced about Lita's value to the team, but if he found some form it might suit everyone for him to settle down here.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Lita could have been a top Premier League striker, that is what was predicted for him at Reading and I rate him as a finisher.

Clearly at his age, and with a number of clubs where things haven't quite worked out, you are looking for a reason why. Personally I think there is an attitude issue, and even a mild touch of the Leon Knights about him.

But if he can hold his shit together for a few months he could be a big asset for us in this division.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I think Lita could have been a top Premier League striker, that is what was predicted for him at Reading and I rate him as a finisher.

Clearly at his age, and with a number of clubs where things haven't quite worked out, you are looking for a reason why. Personally I think there is an attitude issue, and even a mild touch of the Leon Knights about him.

But if he can hold his shit together for a few months he could be a big asset for us in this division.

I think a stint rotting away in Swansea's reserves and seeing how well Michu (spelling) has done , has made him that bit hungrier. Also he looked a tad slimmer on Saturday Or is that just me imagining things.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

A fantastic way of explaining my suspicions about him. He strikes me as the kind of player who will be a success for a season and then be agitating for a move and then not putting the effort in - perhaps a touch of the Adebayor's too!
So perfect for our short term situation, and lets enjoy it while it last...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here